Calvin James Recruitment has partnered exclusively with a leading international engineering company based in Abu Dhabi. We are searching for an ambitious accountant to join a growing team. Personality is key, we need a self-starter who is looking for career growth.
This position provides support, oversight, and control both too and over the services department.
Working closely with project managers to ensure the business is able to execute efficiently alongside record and report accurately, the service work undertaken with a focus on ensuring the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX) is always current and up to date.
The role is heavily client focused, ensuring the contract deliverables are met and acts as the focal point between both parties for any issue resolution.
• Ensuring timely creation of invoices in-line with contract T&C s, client requirements and company KPI of under 5 days of job completion.
• Document control, ensure all service project supporting documentation is fully controlled through an effective and efficient process.
• Manage the site rental fleet through the ERP system; additions, disposals, mobilizations, and demobilizations.
• Logistics coordination for personnel and materials going to site.
• Close client interaction ensuring invoices are accepted and paid within the terms of the contract.
• Control the service tracker ensuring it is always up-to date with the status of all live projects for accurate forecasting and performance tracking.
• Responsible for AX project management, timely and accurate creation along with timely closure.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely posting of service team timesheets.
• Oversight of costs hitting the project, drive the business to understand and recognise costs in-line with revenue.
• Provide accurate month end revenue and cost accruals for all projects within remit, entering the journal into AX for month end accounts closure.
• Provide a weekly status update of service projects to site General Manager and Finance Manager.
• Assist the Finance Manager with financial forecasting; weekly cashflows, annual budgets etc.
• Assist the Finance Manager with year-end audit requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement, identify opportunities and lead initiatives of change.
Accounts Payable site lead
• Supplier invoices posted through three-way match process with all issues identified and resolved with supply chain.
• Invoices received without a purchase order to be managed with appropriate business approvals in-line with business delegation of authority.
• Management of invoices received that cannot be processed with supply chain.
• Preparation of weekly and ad-hoc (where required) bank payments and cheques.
• Reconcile payments made through AX banking sub-ledger.
• Monthly reconciliations of; trade payables sub-ledger, goods received not invoiced, petty cash and employee advances control account.
• Day to day control with system processing of petty cash, ensuring all claims are in-line with the delegation of authority and policy.
• Process employee expenses, ensuring delegation of authority is followed in all cases and expenses are claimed in line with policy.
• Supplier relationship management, ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely manner co-ordinating with the appropriate internal functions where required.
• Continual review of business process to ensure compliance with supply chain and finance policies.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, and the Environment
• Apply, and where appropriate Client Company s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
• University degree in commerce or finance related
• University degree in the field of finance and /or financial management
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
• Operating within a multi-national organisation
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to keep all levels of the organisation informed
• Ability to manage and motivate staff, demonstrating leadership and focus on teamwork.
• Organised with excellent coordination, planning, and decision-making skills
• Customer focused with a proactive approach to providing client satisfaction.