The job opening is for an Accounts Supervisor who has an excellent grasp over accounting concepts and is able to lead his/her team and manage clients in order to prepare accurate financial statements under a given timeline. This position is best suited for those candidates who have had prior work experience in audit firms since the candidate shall be leading the accounts outsourcing team of the company. He/she shall have the opportunity to work with clients of various industries/sizes.
Candidates who have qualified or partly qualified their CA/ACCA/CMA/CFA/CPA are preferred. Experience in Peachtree/Quickbooks accounting software is a plus.
The Job responsibilities are as follows:
1. Control and implement finance decisions in areas covering revenue, receivables, payables, cash, banking, payroll, fixed assets, inventory, intercompany transactions etc.
2. Manage cash and liquid assets as per the company policy
3. Preparation of accounts, budgeting, forecasting, payroll preparation, financial analysis, management of ledgers and all other accounting related activities.
4. Reconciliation of financial discrepancies by analyzing information.
5. Ensure that systems are in place to regulate financial performance.
6. Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored, including credit control.
7. Liasing with operational Managers to produce monthly Management accounts, including providing commentary to Management on significant variances.
8. Liase with banks, and carry out all banking transactions including LCs and other banking requirements.
9. Supervise, direct and review the work of the accounting staff.
10. To provide innovative financial advice, to existing and new operational managers.
11. Resolve complex accounting issues
12. Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
13. Possesses good knowledge in the UAE VAT laws and regulations and perform various VAT related accounting tasks and review.
Industry Type :
Accounting & Auditing
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary