Our client a prestigious financial services firm in Abu Dhabi is looking for a Senior Administrator.
Responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the department or specific team or group by assisting with coordinating meetings and ordering supplies and equipment with the objective of providing effective and thorough secretarial support with considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
While some of the focus of this job is on co-ordination and execution of administrative tasks, incumbents also spend substantial time performing secretarial duties. Incumbents require excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Provide administrative and secretarial support to the department; may support a specific team or group within the department in particular
• Assist with diary management, including scheduling meetings and corresponding with internal contacts; is building relationship management skills and has contacts in departments, and is beginning to build relationships with external contacts
• Create and format documentation using correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Create and format documentation using correct Arabic grammar, spelling, and punctuation if required
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Arrange conferences and meetings ensuring the appropriate facilities are available
• Assist more senior colleagues in arranging travel reservations and hospitality
• Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
• Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence
• Writes memos, fax messages and meeting minute s and distributes them to appropriate internal and external audiences.
• Arrange couriers to transport required documentation, packages
• Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Distribute incoming and outgoing mail and other material and prepare answers to routine letters.
• Maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
• Operate electronic mail systems
• Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
• Assist more senior colleagues by ensuring the required supplies and equipment are in stock; Executive Secretary or Executive Administrator will order supplies if required
• Carry out other duties as required
• University degree, preferably in business or related field preferred
• Relevant experience required
Salary dependant on current package / negotiable for right candidate