Supervise and manage the operations on the company s servers, domain controllers and AD including backups, GPOs, user profiles and their data as well as the Microsoft Exchange Environment (creation, editing, deletion) etc., According to business needs and as per the manager s or his delegate's recommendations.
• Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, lead problem-solving efforts even if it involved outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Perform daily system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of all the Datacenter's hardware, server resources, systems, all storages and their key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verify the completion of scheduled jobs such as patch management deployments & backups, etc..., and take the appropriate actions in case of any failures or in case of IT policy breaches occurrence.
• Develop plans for implementation of new systems, technologies and Trains the technical staff on using these new technologies to ensure operational efficiency & reliability of deployments, virtualization technologies and monitoring methods, encryption technologies, etc
• Keeping updated documentation relating to servers and systems as required.
• Ensuring that systems downtime and failures are extremely minimized by planning, testing and implementing alternative solutions to ensure high availability; such as load balancing, disaster recovery solutions, etc...
• Establishes, maintains and manages Linux access as best as possible.
• Managing/Maintaining daily backup operations to ensure that all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media using all sorts of available tools (such as Veritas Backup Exec, WSB backup, NTbackup, etc..) and ensure that the media is being sent off-site on daily basis and that it s being recycled properly and according to the in place policies.
• Provide complete Supervision of all the service dedicated servers such as the Encryption servers, print management servers, Antivirus Server, Monitoring server, Fileserver and applied System Center suite, etc...
• Monitoring and analyzing servers' and PC s event logs to audit activities, help find & fix serious errors and security breaches issues on regular basis also by using tools like WhatsUPGold, AD Manager Plus, AD Audit Plus & Exchange Reporter Plus pro Editions, GFI Lan Guard, etc...
• Make sure that all servers whether they were in the Head office or in a branch are monitored and that they are up and running at all times and make sure that there are no servers replication problems on daily basis to avoid possible failure risks.
• Ensure that the security rules that have been put in place by the Security Officer are adhered to without breaches in all locations at all times.
• Managing and Maintaining Systems software functionality including the supervision of patch management processes which include but not limited to installing required releases and patches to enhance performance for all Servers, PCs using software such as WSUS , SCCM , SCOM , GFI Lan Guard, etc.
• Develop test plans and procedures relating to the Server environment as needed.
5 to 7 years