- Drives the performance planning, tracking and reporting within assigned technical and business focus areas, with special emphasis on HSE, Production Operations, Drilling, Major Projects and Financial Management in a manner which proactively supports the attainment of the organizational objectives and established performance targets.
- Provides advisory support on the drivers of performance and KPIs across technical and non-technical focus areas and ensures organizational alignment through a business partnership approach.
- Conducts technical research and bench marking studies, as part of organizational self-assessments, and identifies potential areas and opportunities for performance enhancements.
- Drives the development of Assets/Functions Performance Contracts and setting of KPI targets in a manner which supports continuous performance improvements.
- Supports the development of the Corporate Performance Contract through the provision of advisory support to internal and external Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on KPIs’ guidelines, definitions and calculations.
- Mnages the performance management systems used in the governance of defined performance contracts.
Performance Evaluation & Reporting
- Consolidates and reviews large datasets, executes analytical studies, and produces technical and business insights/reports in order to ensure the organization is on track to deliver expected outcomes.
- Proactively identifies and evaluates areas of performance concerns, and devises effective performance enhancement mitigation strategies and actions plans.
- Produces detailed forecasts drawing on insights and expertise for technical and business operations KPIs in order to develop the outlook for the year.
- Tracks and analyses monthly performance across the areas of HSE, production operations, drilling, major projects and financial management in order to evaluate conduct detailed analysis of actual progresses, plan, and devise improvement plans.
- Develops detailed reports, presentations and management information for sharing with the various organizational stakeholders and management teams.
- Bachlor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline, with preferably a second degree in Business or Finance
Minimum Experience & Kledge & Skills
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with 6 years in a technical discipline and 2 years in a planning and performance function
- Excellent understanding and strong exposure to the various O&G engineering disciplines, including HSE, Production Operations, Drilling, Petroleum and Reservoir Engineering.
- Strong understanding of performance management frameworks, tools and systems
- Strong financial management and commercial acumen
- Strong understanding of the various O&G engineering disciplines and operations (HSE, Production Operations, Drilling, Petroleum and Reservoir Engineering
- Strong understanding of functional and operational strategies
- Data analysis and modelling
- Performance management and reporting
- Planning and forecasting
- Organization and Project Management
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills