At this level, you will be able to:
• Develop innovative editorial content ideas which work across print, digital and social platforms, tailored to individual projects or wider client needs.
• Develop comprehensive forward content calendars, planning ahead with the wider content team to maximise story-telling potential and audience engagement across multiple channels.
• Run a newsroom style operation, managing resources and talents of junior editorial team members to ensure output.
• Use insights gained from data and analytics colleagues to identify content opportunities and audience strategies.
• Produce high quality writing with exceptional eye for detail in multiple styles, from punchy news releases to engaging speeches, on point speaking notes to long form op ed features.
• Manage client feedback and copy deadlines, frequently in live, high-pressure environments, ensuring planned output includes approvals and final edits, and is tracked.
• Independently counsel clients with confidence, maturity and professionalism on content strategies and storytelling
• Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative content ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that boost their brand s reputation
• Fluently and confidently discuss social and digital strategies with client
• Demonstrate/develop an understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid channels, and recommend approaches for each
• Deliver strategic senior counsel on content, including how the content is published (channel, timing, optimization, influencer engagement)
• Ensure content is delivered on time, within budget and exceed client s expectations in terms of results and professionalism; manage resources, review and approve client deliverables
• Draw from H K network and industry contacts to bring in the right internal and external expertise to add value
• Curious, creative and up for a challenge
• Smart and a clear communicator
• Passionate about sport
• Friendly and positive in a team environment
• Confident in client facing situations
• Passionate and knowledgeable about editorial content
• An optimist
• Obsessive about attention to detail
• Happy to work hard and outside working hours
• A problem solver
• Able to bring out the best in your teammates
• Previous experience in fast-paced news environment
• Knowledge of the region, culture and working practices
• Deep understanding of publishing and digital channel strategies
• Relevant editorial industry qualifications
• University degree (or equivalent experience)
• 10 years relevant experience (with two years senior leadership experience)
• Exemplify the company s ethics, vision and values in daily work
• Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
• Independently, assume a greater level of responsibility and accountability for client relationships, driving your practice area with revenue targets
• Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills and culture of practice area/office through training and/or office responsibilities
• Take a lead role on strategic consultancy services such as media training, messaging, strategy development, flight school and crisis preparation/handling
• Be seen as a leader within your office; display gravitas; manage difficult client relationships
The position of Senior Arabic Editor will be based in the Middle East, depending whether the client opportunity exists on the ground. Benefits include;
• Saudi Residency Visa
• Life insurance with medical insurance plan
• 24 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
• One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 AED
• Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
• one-way economy class ticket assistance to ship over personal belongings