SENIOR ARCHITECT SAUDI ARABIA
The Senior Architect will be responsible to lead an Architect Engineering and Design Review team for project construction. To produce technical documentation, reviewing all architectural technical documentation, prepared by the contractors, for projects and preparing and implementing architectural engineering work plans in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget. Coordinate and liaise with stakeholders on all project s related budget, managerial & architectural design decisions during the project s life cycle.
As part of the senior management team, the incumbent holds the responsibility to liaise and coordinate with the Technical Manager and the rest of the senior management team/peers with all matters related to multi-disciplinary engineering operational issues required for the success of the program in accordance with the client expectations. In particular, his main tasks will be:
• Review and coordination of all engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the Client.
• Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
• Lead, by example, the team of multi-disciplinary Section Chiefs and engineers by delegating work according to specialism, project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
• Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
• Attend progress and technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
• Take part in project and risk management reviews.
• Coordinate between the construction and contractors engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
• Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
• Manage the Technical Office teams on Technical and Department issues.
• Supervise the review and approvals of shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
• Continually review the contractor s construction schedule during the progress of site works
• Review the contractor s List of Deliverables (Submittal of Drawings, design and Materials) as well as ensures the compliance with the contract and project requirements.
• Liaise with the project control manager on the performance measures related to the technical part.
• Review Contractor s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the various engineering packages.
• Support review of subcontractors invoices, when required for technical assistance.
• Documenting project issues/conditions.
• Monitoring, coaching and developing the Section Chiefs and Engineering team members.
• Bachelor Degree in Architecture obtained from a recognized unversity.
• Minimum 15 years of total professional experience since the Graduation Year.
• Experience in Hospital/Healthcare Architectural Design Projects & NFPA compliance is MANDATORY.
• Previous professional experience in Saudi Arabia is preferred.
• Proficient in English Language.
The contractual and Economic Details will be directly discussing during the Job Interview.