About the Job
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, you will be part of the Corporate Audit & Assurance - Internal Audit team and you will be responsible for:
• Surveys application systems, in assigned area, to ensure that user/system controls are adequate and effective; and to determine their effectiveness in satisfying user requirements and meeting management expectations.
• Surveys IT processes, in the assigned area, to determine the adequacy of IT controls to achieve established objectives including the efficiency with which resources are employed and to identify cost-effective improvements.
• Participates in determining the objectives/approach of the proposed audit assignments, planning of the theory/scope of the audit and preparing the audit program.
• Determines the auditing procedures to be utilized, including the use of computer assisted audit techniques (CAAT), statistical sampling and/or other techniques.
• Identifies high risk IT processes, in assigned area, and key control points of the information systems/processes to be reviewed.
• Performs the audit in accordance with the approved audit program and professional IT audit standards.
• Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned IT audit areas and the results of the audit examination.
• Analyses and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the IT control systems and the efficiency of performance of the activities reviewed.
• Recommends improvements in IT controls designed to mitigate IT/business risks.
• Prepares and submits the audit report for Internal Audit Manager (IAM), PTE, review expressing professional opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management, control systems and the efficiency with which IT activities of the assigned audit area are carried out. Recommends improvement options to rectify reported deficiencies.
• Appraises or assists in appraisal of the adequacy of the corrective actions taken by management on audit recommendations/improvement options.
• Performs or participates in special reviews as directed.
• Participates in implementation, maintenance and support of the automated Audit Management System and other automated audit techniques/software tools within CAAF.
As a successful candidate, you should possess:
• University Degree, preferably with a major in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent and Professional IT/IS Audit qualifications (CISA or equivalent).
• 6 years relevant IT/IS and Audit experience preferably in the oil or related industries or International Audit Firms
• Excellent computer literacy in SAP, audit software tools and Microsoft
• Excellent work prioritization and planning skills
• Excellent presentation and communication still
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
2. Passport-size photograph
< Back to Search