Candidate shall be assigned to an integrated BIM team for projects within the Middle East and Europe.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
BIM Manager and/or Head of BIM
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Member of BIM team;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
• Participate as a team leader in carrying out specific global and local BIM projects;
• Quality control and review of reports and models;
• Lead Presentations;
• Business Development Support;
• Support the company in its rapid growth plans;
• Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, effective meetings, client relations);
• Site and Office Based Consultancy and Modelling;
• Manage the BIM documentation process as well as project specifications, calculations, plans and submittals for each project s BIM Implementation Plan compliance;
• Coordinate with/support contractors and designers including MEP and Structural engineers;
• Conduct product and technology research related to BIM;
• Contributions to regional publications, lectures, teaching assignments;
• Personal development and plan to develop skills necessary for promotion to BIM Manager.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
• In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work.
• It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company s Integrated Management System s policies and procedures
• A background with in the built environment sector (minimum 4 years);
• Working Knowledge of Architecture, Structural, MEP, Construction Management and Design;
• Demonstrated experience with either Revit and/or AECOsim
• Strong Knowledge of current trends and standards in BIM, particularly BS1192 and related BS1192 PAS;
• Applicable BIM related certifications or course attendance;
• Comprehensive written & spoken English;
• Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Architecture
• GCC experience;
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast‐paced environment;
• Ability to self‐manage;
• Extremely strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken)
• Hands‐on architectural and project management skills (PMP);
• Arabic language is a plus (not required);
• Master s Degree is a plus (not required);
• UAE Driver s license & personal mode of transportation;
• Passport which allows for efficient regional travel.