• The Senior Bridge Structural Engineer is within the Royal Commission-Bechtel Engineering Department Core Team, Structural Group.
• Senior Bridge Structural Engineer leads the reviews of the transportation structural engineering prepared by the Royal Commission's local consulting engineering-architecture firms.
• Senior Bridge Structural Engineer is required to performs work on complex transportation structural engineering tasks.
• Senior Bridge Structural Engineer must be thoroughly familiar with the use and knowledge of International Design Codes/Standards/Specifications, especially those of AASHTO and ACI, and computer-aided engineering (CAE) software, such as STAAD.Pro, STAAD.Foundation Advanced, ETABS, SAFE, and SAP2000.
• Receives direction from the Chief Structural Engineer.
• Receives functional direction from the Bechtel Infrastructure GBU.
• Provides guidance and training and transfers knowledge to Saudi National structural engineers.
• Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates each phase of structural engineering design for transportation structures, particularly post-tensioned concrete bridge structures (typically those of AASHTO "I" and "Box" girders).
• Performs work that will include completing complex structural engineering tasks.
• Assumes a lead technical role.
• Leads the review of structural engineering design for transportation structures, particularly post-tensioned concrete bridge structures, prepared by the client's local design firms. Reviews work of less experienced engineers.
• Provides support to Construction Department and disposition of technical queries and technical submittals.
• Coordinates with geotechnical engineering, other engineering disciplines, and architecture.
• Develops, guides, trains, and transfers knowledge to Saudi National structural engineers.
• BS in Civil/Structural Engineering from a Western college or university.
• Proven direct structural engineering design and analysis experience on Western transportation projects.
• Expertise with the use and knowledge of International Design Codes/Standards/Specifications, especially AASHTO and ACI.
• Expertise with current computer-aided structural engineering and design software, such as STAAD.Pro, STAAD.Foundation Advanced, ETABS, SAFE, and SAP2000.
• Registered Professional/ Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStructE or similar).
• Excellent written and oral English communication, interpersonal, mentoring, and knowledge transfer skills.
• Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
• Performs Value Engineering.
• Reviews, updates, and prepares Structural Specifications, Design Manuals, Design Criteria, and Drawing Standards.
• Prepares structural engineering investigations, studies, and reports.
• Working knowledge and abilities with computer-aided drafting, such as AutoCAD 2017.
• Ensures consistency and uniformity of structural engineering across the various projects.
• MS in Civil/Structural Engineering from a Western college or university with a focus on transportation structural engineering.
• Working knowledge of Mathcad.
• Exposure to BIM processes, including designing projects using BIM platforms to deliver design packages. The preferred BIM package is Autodesk Revit.
• Understands the roles played by other departments on engineering and construction management projects, including construction and safety practices.
• Self-motivated individual with good leadership skills and the ability to influence without authority.
• Ability to manage priorities and take on evolving responsibilities.
• Ability to work within the integrated Royal Commission-Bechtel team.
• Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions quickly.
• Ability to work within a culturally diverse organization, recognizing and respecting differences.
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :