Role Profile: The Senior Business Analyst will act as an objective but informed party in Alshaya, with their key responsibility to manage IT demands from Alshaya business, establish the relevant business case and bring business process clarity between all key stakeholders and delivery team members.
They will help identify, understand & translate business requirements into business processes, working as a key liaison between I.T and our business teams. Facilitating business discussions & producing the associated documentation, as well as tracking key decisions that have been made.
The Senior BA will support stakeholders in validating that solutions meet their business purpose, where possible getting involved in projects from the early High-Level Design stage, through to supporting the transition to business as usual.
Reporting to IT Business Partners and working with the Process Transformation Manager, Change Management Office and Alshaya Business Teams, they will own the definition, analysis, delivery and maintenance of business process documentation, Business Analysis for IT needs and IT Demands from Alshaya business.
In addition to supporting project-level activities, the Senior BA will also be responsible for identifying cross-project/domain dependencies, risks and/or issues and highlighting cross-functional process changes and impacts on the business .
• Bachelor s degree in Business Studies, Social Sciences, Languages, or IT; graduate degree preferred
• Certified in one or more Project disciplines: Business Analysis, Process Engineering, Value Analysis, Project Management, PROSCI, Agile Methodology, Lean, Six Sigma, Data Science, etc.
• Certified in one or more package software disciplines (optional)
• Certified in one or more industry disciplines: Finance, I.T, Supply Chain, HR, Retail, Digital, etc.
• 5 8 years of relevant business analyst experience working across multiple projects or domains, ideally with both IT and business knowledge of that area
• Familiar with business analysis methodology, business process definition and associated documentation, project delivery phases and programme/project governance
• Used to working in a complex operating environment within a business undergoing transnational technology enabled business change
• Understanding of End to End Change Management and/or Business Process Architecture
• Experience of working in a pressured, time-bound project environment
• Experience of working within a customer orientated function and supporting transformation within this area
• Proven experience in working with a variety of stakeholders from different organisational levels and functions to achieve successful project outcomes
• Retail or service sector experience preferred
• Exposure to embedding culture change
• Experience in managing senior stakeholders for a transformation program
• Strong across the Microsoft office suite, incl. MS Visio
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Efficient content capture - ability to accurately & consistently capture content, particularly business process maps
• Partnering - ability to build productive working relationships with key stakeholders & work effectively across multiple teams (e.g. vendors, BPOs, SMEs, IT BPs)
• People orientated understands how people go through changes and the change process
• Problem solver with root cause identification skills
• Active listening skills and strong influencing skills
• Professional and positive approach
• Diligent with attention to detail
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Good collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated & self-sufficient, but also a team player
• Assertive, adaptable, and creative
• A can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required