The Senior Buyer provides parts, equipment, and materials by developing sources of supply and monitoring supplier performance; obtaining required parts, equipment and materials, verifying receipt of items, authorizing payment, and managing and controlling inventory.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements. Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
• Complete purchase requests with domestic and international suppliers by inputting purchase orders, expediting deliveries, and verifying all transactions.
• Handle correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
• Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners.
• Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation.
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management.
• Maintain accuracy of stock code information, including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, etc.
• Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their
More than 7 years
Not Specified at least