• Determines the buying requirements and formulates the buying plan as per budget for the assigned category, based on the analysis of the historical trends and future forecasts.
• Actively participate in implementing the buying strategy.
• Identify and shortlist potential vendors as partners and negotiating the cost.
• Negotiate prices in line with the desired level of margins.
• Maintain an extensive level of communication with the planning team for applying previous performance analysis into the process of range direction and selection.
• Create and define product ranges for the different product categories within the budget.
• Create or assist the Buying manager in the process of creating the range direction, selection and final sign off.
• Creates buying plans for more than two departments while ensuring profitability by maintaining and building customer-focused category lines.
• Aligns the buying plan to the overall business strategy as laid down by the management.
• Tracks and evaluates category sales performance, market sales trends and competitor trading activities to identify critical business factors and accordingly propose action plans to increase sales and profitability.
• Assure pre-production quality check is executed in a timely manner with the quality control manager collaboration.
• Travel to various destinations to finalize the process of goods merchandising.
• Conduct periodic store visits to collect feedback from the stores.
• Oversees and manages the placement of orders based on the buying plans and ensures merchandise is delivered as per the plan based on the agreed service level agreement.
• Responsible for negotiating the price and ensuring delivery arrangements with Suppliers/Vendors within a set budget.
• Ensures effective communication, collation, and follow-up on various product requirements and findings obtained from the sales/store data.
• Ensures the development of periodic reports on consumer behavior, consumer trends per product, etc. to facilitate decisions to manage product lines.
• Coordinate with the Central Distribution Center, Quality Controllers, Stores, Visual Merchandising and any other function on issues relating to the brand.
• Regularly Reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels.
• Develop awareness about the organized, unorganized category segments and identifying their strengths and weaknesses and share the same with the buying manager.
• Periodically reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels.
• Maintain a high level of product knowledge, plus ensuring the product is procured within the acceptable standard norms of quality and fit.
• Manage the distribution of tasks among the reporting team, allowing a proper flow of tasks and smooth finalization of the buying plan.
• Manages and monitors the day to day activities of the buying team, providing guidance as and when required.
• Guide and Coach the team in developing better business skills.
Product and Process Improvement:
• Apply experience on evolving new procurement methods, introducing new suppliers, or production lines to assure cost-efficiency.