Leidos is seeking a Senior Communications Systems Engineer who specializes in C4I Systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Senior C4I Communications Systems Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
• Shall be fully conversant with the equipment, facilities and installations in use in the RSAF or have had experience on equipment, facilities, installations or systems of the similar type and generation in a military environment.
• Shall be capable of instructing RSAF personnel and producing training material and provide On- the-Job training.
• Shall have experience with all aspects of ground radios, having experience on HF, VHF, UHF, line- of-sight including associated multiplexing and terminal equipment, Land Mobiles, multi-channel Tape Recorders and Pager Equipment.
• Fully conversant with all modern methods of communication, including satellite and fiber optics. Shall have experience with Key telephone systems, Main distribution Frames, IDF, Voice Conditioning equipment, Multiplexes, Data Modems, LAN/WAN equipment, Remote Maintenance Administration and Traffic Systems (RMATS), and PABXs (Analogue/Digital, Stored Program Controlled).
• Shall be fully conversant with SATCOM including Uplink, downlink, RF, DAMA, NCS, Multiplex, Modems, Antenna Tracking system, and other equipment in use in the RSAF or have had experience on similar equipment or systems of the same generation.
• Shall have "hands-on" experience with High Power Amplifiers (HPAs), LNAs, Up-converters, Down Converters, as well as Audio, Video and Data transmissions via satellites.
• Experience with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of one of the RSAF communications system is required or two (2) years' experience in developing and/or supporting the current RSAF C2 Communications Network.
• Supports the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
• Actively advising and assisting in all aspects of his/her specialty.
• Continuously monitoring of all RSAF training in his/her specialty and recommending improvements.
• Training RSAF Engineering Officers and Warrant Officers in practical and theory.
• Producing adequate engineering training material in his/her specialty.
• Performing maintenance in his/her specialty, as required.
• Providing support and advice to the RSAF for maintaining the Communication systems and all interface connectivity.
• Participating in modification and enhancement proposals and upgrades to the Comms. Systems.
• Shall have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and certifications for specialized communication system training.
• Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in the communication field with emphasis on communication disciplines needed for Command and Control and Air Defense Systems.
• U.S. DoD Security Clearance - Secret preferred.
• Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
• Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
• Arabic language proficiency.