The Construction Manager, under the Resident Engineer s supervision is responsible for the management of the works on site on behalf of ADP Ing nierie: progress, quality and interfaces between the Client/PMC, Consulting Engineer and the contractors. The Construction Manager supervises the planning, coordination and implementation of construction projects in accordance with the contract, the codes & standards, and specifications, to the highest professional standards.
This role will report directly to the Resident Engineer and/or Project Manager.
The role involved, inter alia, the management of the daily activities and performance of the Supervision team . He/She has relation with:
• All the local staff
• All the external entities necessary to his/her job execution i.e. constant liaisons with the Client/PMC, Contractor(s) and other Consultants (when applicable) on project related matters.
Site Management & Deliverables Construction Stage
• Review/Prepare a site mobilization package for temporary facilities including site security and safety, independent testing services and camp development.
• Review site activities and site related deliverables of the Supervision team and Contractor(s) during pre-construction phase.
• Assist for the preparation of project execution plan.
• Develop and implement a constructability program to maximize the advantage of early reviews during on-site design process.
• Plan, mobilize and assign tasks to construction Supervision Team(s) for each construction area (Contracts)
• Lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor
• Effectively evaluate technical proposals and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical site problems that may arise during construction.
• Implement methods for dispute avoidance and resolution study
• To lead expert team on Testing & Commissioning Procedure setting up.
• Familiarize construction supervision personnel with the site and with contract obligations.
• Hold preconstruction conferences and respond to construction related correspondence
• Check/review Health & Safety measures at site.
• Overview and supervise review of materials, shop drawings, method statements, mockups, etc and ensure these reviews are executed on time.
• Monitor the progress, schedule and coordination of the contractors by the Supervision Team
• Prepare recommendations for the Resident Engineer in order to alert the Client regarding anticipated claims.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with 15 years of experience on large sized construction projects out of which 5 years in Airport construction projects or equivalent 25 years site & engineering experience
• Knowledge of airport infrastructure and systems
• Knowledge in Testing & Commissionning Activities
• Knowledge of local laws and regulations
• Experienced in managing and coordinating project tasks an d trade Engineering
• Significant Experience on Contracting works
• Strong interpersonal skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding, and personal presence.
• Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills
• Fluent in English; reading, writing and speaking
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• General computer proficiency and good knowledge