Position at Hill Knowlton Strategies
The Senior Consultant Investor at Hill Knowlton Strategies (H K) has a pivotal role in the Financial Professional Services team and requires a high level of accountability. This role requires management and oversight of multiple projects/accounts in the practice s client portfolio as well as active involvement in business development.
You will be the client s first port of call for daily updates, advice and knowledge, through which you should aim to be seen as a trusted consultant .
At this level, you need to demonstrate emerging management skills, be confident in leading the day to day activity on multiple accounts and focus on building excellent client and team relationships.
Working at the crossroads of investor relations, financial and corporate communications, you will be entrusted with planning, management and delivery of across traditional and social media platforms as well as stakeholder management with support from senior team members.
This includes responsibility for delegation of tasks, delivery to deadlines, maintaining a close eye on quality and keeping the client fully up to date on activity. You will be joining a fast-paced team delivering high-impact services to its clients and valuing hard-work just as much as a positive working environment.
• Manage multiple accounts independently and effectively own mid level relationships with clients and stakeholders
• Independently prepare for, drive and manage follow up to regular client meetings
• Demonstrate proficiency in identifying and managing key stakeholders, including investors and analysts
• Be confident in the application of the full range of investor relations tools
• Keep abreast of current affairs, industry issues and trends and relate them to client situations
• Demonstrate creative and strategic thinking through the development of integrated investor relations or financial communications campaigns
• Contribute to the development of a strategic plan for clients' overall investor relations programs
• Work with senior team members to shape clients equity story
• Able to develop impactful, tailored stakeholder outreach strategies
• Monitor research and report on broad financial markets, industry trends, peer companies, client stock movements and media coverage
• Help research best practice policies and programs
• Handle the logistics surrounding results announcements (press releases, Q&As, set up of earnings conference calls and webcasts etc.) with support of the senior team
• Lead key financial media relationships on behalf of your clients and offer counsel on such relations
• Be confident in building the digital element into strategy, planning and execution; including advising clients on leveraging digital channels for investor relations
• Showcase strong and compelling presentation skills
To apply for this role you will need the following experience:
• University degree
• 8 years agency or consulting experience or relevant in-house role
• Investor relations (CIRO) or accounting certifications (CFA etc.) are an advantage
• Advanced understanding of the workings of capital markets and the needs and requirements of listed companies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven presentation and strategic planning capabilities
• Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word