Dell EMC s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
We live in a time of great disruption and opportunity. According to the World Economic Forum, this era is a fourth industrial revolution, comparable in its economic and societal impact to earlier industrial revolutions. Given the rapid changes this revolution introduces there is an immense need for guiding the customers through transformation. Customers are looking for personalizing their workforce experience, simplifying IT consumption and enabling dynamic, virtual teams. These services very often include adopting one of the public clouds as part of customer new IT landscape. Customers are looking to offload part of their workloads and IT maintenance to providers like Microsoft Azure or acquire Software-as-a-Service offerings like email or internal Sharepoint portals from Office 365. All of these drastically impact customer core IT and transform their organization therefore require consulting approach, careful planning and efficient execution.
We are seeking a Subject Matter Expert with particular focus on Microsoft technologies that will be able to guide customer through these changes. They should be passionate about people, technology and be the ambassadors of a change. This position will be responsible for delivering services and solutions based on Microsoft Azure cloud, Office 365 and consulting for core Microsoft technologies like Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SCCM, Skype for Business. The SME should also be familiar and have hands-on experience with delivering soluions like Single Sign-On and cloud identify federation. Given the fact customers are increasingly expanding into building their applications in oppose to buing them and given that Azure becomes a popular testing ground for development teams, knowledge and hands-on experience in building DevOps infrastructures will be a very strong advantage.
This position is primarily responsible for working independently with the customer on implementing cloud and Microsoft based technologies, however it also incorporates working closely with presales and sales departments providing expertise and input during project solutioning, validating efforts estimation and occasionally taking part in customer presales meetings, acting as a technology SME.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Well versed with cloud computing concepts and core Microsoft technologies like: Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SCCM, Skype for Business
• Exposure to DevOps concepts, methodologies and infrastructures
• Leads the workforce transformation strategies, building roadmaps, design and implementation
• Microsoft cloud technologies certifications being strong advantage
• Ability to work with a broad spectrum of customer stakeholders such as Application, Compute, Storage and Network and design solutions that meet customer transformation needs
• Ability to articulate, design and produce Solution Architecture
• Participates in client change management and IT planning activities, document and apply changes that affect the project scope. If the changes alter the scope, prepare the change cost/benefit document for review with the PM.
• Develops and distributes the monthly status reports and contributes necessary content to the quarterly senior client briefings.
• Reviews and updates the detailed design document to ensure the solution specifications remain current; validates updates with the PM and client and technical leads.
• Conducts a comprehensive review of new Microsoft technology trends, best practices and methodology and tool updates, leveraging DELL EMC's knowledge base as well as external sources. Documents recommended improvements to the client's program based on the findings; provides high level cost and benefits to support the recommendations.
• Adheres to proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
• Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of DELL EMC and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
• Performs all DELL EMC internal reporting and information-sharing as required by management; as appropriate participate in DELL EMC account planning and review sessions.
• Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a "Customers for Life" relationship.
• 5-10 years total in Microsoft and cloud related roles
• Excellent white-board architecture and hands-on skills in core Microsoft technologies like Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SCCM, Skype for Business is a must
• Excellent white-board architecture and hands-on skills in Microsoft cloud technologies - Azure, Office 365 (Exchange Online, Sharepoint, Skype for Business Online) is a must.
• Ability to travel as part of the role.
• Customer focus and relationship management skills, strong interpersonal skills
• Strong technical, organizational and leadership skills
• Good understanding of Enterprise architecture
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to write for both technical and senior manager levels
• Strong presentation skills up to a CxO level. Comfortable leading and facilitating customer facing workshops
• Strong results orientation with attention to detail and quality of deliverables
• Program and project management skills, PMI certification a plus
• Ability to work as a team player and collaborate
• Bachelors (Business/Computer Science)