SENIOR CONTRACTS ENGINEER - SITE BASED
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of energy projects such as renewable energy, conventional power generation, power transmission & distribution, gas & LNG. Tractebel’ s ambition is to bring excellent, multidisciplinary engineering skills into shaping a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
We are looking for a Senior Contracts Engineer to be involved on the DUBA Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Power Plant (ISCCPP) project in Saudi Arabia (ca 150 km South-East of Sharm El-Sheikh, 750 km North of Jeddah). TRACTEBEL are the Owner’s Engineer (OE) for this project. This EPC project consists of the construction of a 600 MW capacity CCGT power plant combined with an integrated solar field. The EPC Contractor is a CONSORTIUM between INITEC Energía and S.S.E.M (Saudi Services for Electro Mechanic Works Co) called CIS. The Owner is SEC (Saudi Electricity Company).
The project construction works have already been ongoing for about more than two years and the progress reached is about 80%.
Working on a high-profile project and reporting to the Site Manager and Project Manager. Your role will be to support the TRACTEBEL and SEC team in all contractual matters. This is a rare opportunity to develop your career with an organization that has a strong management team, an aggressive growth plan, and is delivering some of the most exciting projects in the Middle East region:
• Review EPC- and Vendor contract, create, update and maintain checklists;
• Co-ordinate feedback session with Project Manager, Site Manager and Client regarding key legal contract ramifications & issues concerning company;
• As necessary liaise with Company Lawyer, for clarification and direction about legal aspects and liabilities;
• As necessary prepare correspondence requesting Client to provide amendments to the original contract;
• Liaise with Project Manager, Site Manager and Client for obtaining agreement and contract sign off;
• Prepare the summary matrix of contract clauses in the system;
• Prepare contract templates if required based on the contract;
• In conjunction with Project Manager and Site Manager review contractual obligations and contract templates;
• Attend weekly site meetings providing advice regarding EPC Contract, Vendor Contract, Subcontracts, and or Supplier Agreements required for the job;
• In conjunction with Project Manager and Site Manager prepare and forward relevant notices within nominated timeframes;
• Notify Client formally where issues, special circumstances or breaches of contract have taken place;
• Liaise with Project Manager, Site Manager, Contractor and Subcontractors to ensure all relevant insurances are current and legal, i.e. workers compensation;
• Review contracts, for suppliers and subcontractors, highlighting relevant issues specific to the job;
• Notify Contractor and subcontractors formally if issues or special circumstances and or where breaches of contract take place;
• Update and maintain contract register highlighting payment conditions;
• Review contractor invoices and verify the site progress rate;
• Review all claims and variations from Contractor and determine the validity or otherwise;
• Investigate unpaid claims by client to establish responsibility based on contract provisions or onsite errors;
• In conjunction with Project Manager and Site Manager determine and agree relevant course of action for unpaid claims, advising client accordingly;
• Finalise claim investigation and update information in the system;
• Provide response to invoices for damage and follow up and finalise claim;
• Assist and work with Project Manager and Site Manager on special project as necessary;
• Receive and implement instructions as given by the Project Manager/Site Manager;
• Cooperate in all activities with the TRACTEBEL Site team in accordance with the instructions of the Project Manager/Site Manager.