• Oracle Egypt is looking to recruit a Senior Core Tech & Platform Solution Engineer (SE) to join an energetic team which delivers high value to customers in Egypt in their endeavors with Oracle s Database, Engineered Systems, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS Cloud) & Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings. The
• candidate should have the ability to translate customer business requirements into solutions that leverage Oracle's Cloud Solution Offerings (PAAS & IAAS) and Core platform technology (Oracle DB, Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Data Integrator).
• The candidate should be able to mentor members of the partner s technical community, and frequently delivers training and presentations to enrich Oracle technical community.
• The ideal candidate should have significant experience in data management offerings. The candidate should have the ability to:
Engage with all levels within both Oracle and the customers' organizations
Co-draft sales strategies together with the account managers
• Translate customer requirements into deliverable products and services
• Provide technical support in all necessary sales activities
• Define system architecture and develop cutting-edge solutions around cloud computing and data management
• Design and participate in technology pilot projects or proof of concept (POC) activities
• Define values propositions, positioning and differentiation to competitors products
• Support and develop existing customer and partner relationships and skills
• Complete the technical requirement for request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP)
• Help drive sales opportunities to successful completion
• Define and drive pre-sales initiatives in target accounts and territories
• Represent Oracle in marketing events as required
• Actively develop cloud platform expertise
This role requires skills from a blend of traditional infrastructure technologies with focus on Database, Engineered Systems, Cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings.
To be suitable and successful in this job you should be widely regarded as a subject matter expert in your current role, and have hands-on Database Administration, OS and networking experience on Linux. You should also have one or several of the skills below:
• Excellent Command of Cloud Technologies (Database-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service)
• Have an understanding of key business drivers and competitive landscape in data management market.
• Must have a working knowledge in MAA, RAC, Oracle DB security offerings, EM13c,
• Oracle Engineered Systems, etc
• Must have a deep understanding of business continuity planning and virtualization technologies.
• Must be Oracle DB Certified Professional and/or Oracle Database Cloud Administrator
• Certified Professional (Certifications on AWS or Azure technologies are a plus).
• Must have good understanding of Cloud Infrastructure technologies such as:
• Public / Private Cloud
• Scripting and automation programming languages: Terraform, Python, Chef, Puppet
• New technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
• Networking concepts / VPN tunneling
• Datacenter equipment (racks, power sequencer, etc...)
• Data migration (Lift&Shift) from OnPrem environments to Cloud environments
• Hands on experience in different cloud platform technologies (AWS, Azure, Cloud
• Foundry) is a plus.
• Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad and growing portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
• Self-driven and result oriented
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to build relationships with customers, e