Senior Data Centre Engineer Dubai 12 Month Fixed Term Contract TAX Free
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Centre Engineer to be based in Dubai for a 12-month fixed term contract. The Senior Data Centre Engineer will require combined expertise and hands-on experience in server and storage technologies. This position is part of a team that supports and maintains mix of both IT and operational IT technologies.
Key expertise will include:
• Working experience in VMware, Windows and Linux Server Administration
• Exposure to EMC and IBM Storage Systems.
• Understanding of Cloud (Azure IaaS), Network Infrastructure (Cisco, Juniper) and Security infrastructure (Palo Alto)
• A firm understanding of security principles, compliance requirements, and remediation practices
• Experience with ITIL practices such as incident, problem and change management
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
The candidate with 8 10 years experience. Skills required:
• Technologies: VMware Virtualization & NSX
• Servers: Blade and Rack Mount Servers
• Storage Array: EMC, IBM and VMware VSAN
• Operating Systems: Windows and RHEL
• UAE License and Vehicle is a must.
• 8-12 years exp in Data Centre facility, VMware Virtualisation, Linux
Shall be responsible for the following:
• Support Data Centers, both in operations, new efficient builds, improvements to existing facilities and day to day operations.
• Coordinate with stakeholders, OEMs vendors to understand and freeze requirements.
• Prepare Low Level design document
• Conduct site survey to check readiness for devices installation as per Industry standard check list
• Rack Placement and mounting of Server, Chassis, SAN Switches, Storage, Tape Library, etc.
• Perform device test and commissioning
• Maintain (iLO, iLOM, iDRAC,..etc) IP configuration of devices and Firmware upgrades.
• Configure RAID
• VMware Installation and configuration of VMware V-centre and ESXi hosts 4.x/5.x/6.x, Cluster,
• Deploy of virtual machines P2V, V2V migration of virtual machines.