Senior Data Science Manager / Staff Data Scientist
Careem NOW - Mobility of Things Platform
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving transportation and delivery in the region, and now we are expanding into Payment and we re launching a super-app, hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps, to further simplify and improve people s everyday life.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100 cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovation with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
The Careem AI team s mission is to drive competitive value from data at scale through building AI models to optimize user experiences, decision making, operational efficiencies, and lead the region s AI ecosystem. As one of the leaders of this team, you will be at the forefront of fulfilling this mission. You will be working with and leading the top data science talent of the region, leveraging AI to solve the region s day to day problems, through state-of-the art machine learning, optimization, deep learning, and NLP models, that are deployed on top of our own in-house AI platform, serving users in real-time.
Careem NOW is our delivery platform, and the goal of its Data Science team to provide a delightful user experience through data and AI. We work on personalizing each user experiencing through recommendations, preferences based offers, personalized layout in the app while ensuring the optimal experience. We take responsibility for efficient and scalable growth, making sure the churn is predictable and low, while retention is predictable and high, and the customers with the highest LTV get the most attention.
• Lead and grow a team of data scientists, while contributing hands-on to projects that span multiple teams.
• Collaborate with and influence leadership so that the team s work directly impacts the organization s strategy.
• Define a clear road map for the data science team both in terms of projects and team development, working closely with product, engineering and business.
• Develop modern techniques, AI models and data that will enable solving previously unsolvable questions and unlock significant impact opportunities.
• Develop deep partnerships with engineering, product and business teams to deliver on major cross-functional efforts.
• Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
• Build a fruitful relationship and collaborate with the AI counterparts at Uber, Careem s parent company, in order to leapfrog our tech by leveraging Uber s platforms.
• Participate in growing and contributing to the region s AI community.
• 5-7 years of professional full-time experience working with data teams.
• An advanced degree in a quantitative field - computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, etc.
• Strong experience in leading, managing and growing a data science team.
• Strong track record in delivering high impact from data and AI through leading multiple cross-functional projects.
• Track record of shipping new products and iterating on them over time.
• Track record of attracting and retaining top talent.
• Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
• Strong leadership and communication skills, critical thinking, and wise judgement.