The Senior Database Administrator will perform complex database analysis.
- Will design and implement new databases based on project requirements.
- Maintain existing databases, including such activities as database administration, performance monitoring, tuning, backup, and general support will be a large part of this role.
- Will be responsible for monitoring and resolving any issues with ETL processes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, creating ad hoc and scheduled production reports, and working directly with end users to understand data requirements.
- Develop Scripts for DDL and DML, ad hoc reports, task automation, troubleshooting.
- Partner with architecture team in the designing and implementation of enterprise database solutions.
-Implement and maintain the Database Server environment documentation.
- Create profiler templates, automate profiling of development environment, and identify long running or problem queries, intrusions or vulnerabilities.
- Recommends strategies for ensuring the security and integrity of the database.
- 24 x 7 Production Support
- Write and manage reports as needed
- Holder of a BAC + 4 in computer science
- Have an experience of 5 to 8 years with the following qualifications:
- Experience with designing and managing SQL databases
- Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Experience with Oracle 8/11/12
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle Data Guard
- Strong knowledge of database Internals. (SQL Server and Oracle).
- Strong understanding of SSIS for Extraction, Transforming and Loading data
- Extensive knowledge of T-SQL
- Solid understanding of relational database modeling
- Expert knowledge of relational database design principles
- Expert knowledge of database backup, restore and recovery procedures
- Understands disaster recovery procedures and how they apply to SQL
- Experience using third part job schedulers, preferably Active Batch
- Expertise in availability groups and overall High Availability approaches
- Capable of analyzing performance data for capacity planning purposes
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, creating project plans to manage and lead database creation, standardization and consolidation.
- The right candidate will demonstrate a good level of oral and written communication as well as an operational level of English.
- With a rigorous and analytical mind, you will demonstrate ability to learn new languages and to adapt to new platforms.- The provision of technical expertise in the field of security would be a plus.
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
System Administration / Network Administration / Security (IT Software)