Key Saudi projects
My client is one of the key leading KSA-based architects, providing multi-disciplinary services - including real estate planning, building design and construction services. They are actively involved in some of the Kingdom's key projects, and are looking for brilliant professional individuals to grow with them.
We are currently looking for a Senior Design Architect, responsible for producing high quality project design deliverable in construction design. You are also expected to work on all phases of development and contribute meaningfully to the design, develop and management of projects.
• To prepare, and develop with the team where required, drawings, models, images, material & mood boards and other documents relating to the design
• To co-ordinate the internal design team for the project
• To take responsibility for the development of the design and the project with input from the Principal Architect for key project stages
• To liaise, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
• To seek continuing professional development
• Thorough knowledge of and compliance with procedures and standards
• To contribute, or otherwise assist, as required
• Bring great, fresh ideas to the team that are project-appropriate
• Develop vignettes and hand sketches of architectural ideas that work in the space and meet intended design goals; articulate why concepts work to the team using sound, logical reasoning
• Produce concept designs which capture the intended look and attitude and that reflect branding and positioning with architecture, color, finish materials, and lighting
• Select in-budget materials and finishes that support the concepts
• Consistently incorporate scale and balance, designing elements that fit the space for maximum impact
• Distinguish and consider the needs of different styles and looks, and deliver those styles without letting personal preferences impact choices
• Design holistically, so that spaces flow consistently, areas tie together for maximum impact, and secondary focal points are established and used to build upon the underlying look and attitude
• Demonstrate proficiency in lighting as a design element, including how to use lighting and shadows for impact
• Regularly follow trends in architecture and interior design so that own work and ideas are of an international calibre and level of sophistication, and in order to incorporate the latest technology and operational needs Implementation.
• Ability to liaise and communicate with the client to understand client s design requirements and manage them systematically and effectively to ensure an efficient and smooth design process
• Ability to oversee the production team to ensure that the design development and detailed design moves in accordance with the concept design
• Minimum Bachelors Degree in Architecture from a recognised University with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience or Masters in Architecture from a recognised University with a minimum of 8 years of industry experience.
• Chartered Architect or working towards with Membership from the American Institute of Architects (AIA), Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), etc or equivalent.
• Fully qualified professional and conversant with relevant market knowledge.
• Significant experience working in a design consultancy, preferably in the Middle East.
• Proven experience working in a design consultancy in the capacity of designer and technical authority. Applied broad professional knowledge and experienced judgement.
• Exceptional skills and knowledge of working in a design consultancy with good knowledge of Local and International Codes and Regulations.
• High level of technical skill in Architectural building services design is essential.
• Ability to develop technical specifications in Masterformat.
• Wider knowledge of integrated design and collaboration with other disciplines highly desirable.
• Able to innovate new solutions as well as applying existing solutions to problems.
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential.
• Good leadership qualities to work in harmony with the team.
• Superior in-depth working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and a skilled user of digital technology tools
• Must understand the practice of architecture and engineering, project delivery, and construction methods
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on Architecture and related technologies
• Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
• Extremely service oriented and highly approachable with commitment to helping others
• Good interpersonal skills and very comfortable and effective working with others in a team environment
• Ability to use time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets work goals
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
• Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language with high standard of written and verbal communication skills