Supervise a team of designers and participate in the design and drafting activities, producing calculations, estimates and technical drawings in support of engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction activities.
• Develop initial bill of material, prepare technical layouts and drawings for proposal estimation.
• Review the Technical Document Register (TDR), evaluate scope of work, number of required engineering deliverables, establish design and drafting requirements, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work. Study Data Sheets, Pipeline Material Specifications, Process/Mechanical Data Sheets, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Review Philosophies, Equipment Vendor Drawings, Pipe Specifications, Piping and Pipeline Design Basis, process requirements, access requirements, aesthetic requirements, Line Lists, Instrument Specifications, Specialty Item Lists, Drawing Index’s and other relevant documents.
• Review the Design Basis, assess total number of engineering deliverables, drafting and drawing requirements, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work. Evaluate development method and software requirements; AutoCAD, ARCGIS & other drafting software.
• Produce plot plan, Rout Map, Key Plan, Alignment Drawing and Crossing Drawing. Identify technical conflicts in layout design, coordinate with other engineering disciplines on solutions of technical irregularities.
• Prepare inputs for civil engineering including identification of rack locations, foundations, access platforms, underground services, pipe supports, structures for elevated equipment and other layout requirements.
• Develop relevant details to assist the Engineering Disciplines and Fabrication/Construction personnel. Study layout feasibility, resolve design irregularities, prepare isometric drawings for stress analysis, and provide stress and Pipeline loads for civil engineering.
• Perform layout clash/interface checks, identify conflicts, and take corrective action in coordination with other engineering discipline inputs.
• Issue engineering drawings and layouts for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of technical data inputs. Prepare final layouts and drawings integrating inputs provided by other engineering disciplines. Consult and make recommendations to Engineers on feasibility of design plans and layouts.
• Supply Engineers with estimates for the required quantities. Prepare material take off’s (MTO’s), review vendor drawings.
• Attend progress meetings when required.
• Prepare isometric drawings for final layouts and drawing for installation and construction. Provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction and commissioning personnel. Perform design changes and alterations based on Design Change Notices (DCN’s) when required.
• Prepare “As-Built” Drawings (plot plans/equipment lay-outs) following completion of construction activities.
• Recommend manpower and personnel assignments for the execution of design activities within budgeted project man-hours.
• Ensure conformity of designs and layouts in accordance to Company Engineering procedures and ISO Quality Standards. Upload documents into “Documentum”, maintain and archive IDC’s, originals, check prints and Master technical drawings in accordance to Company and quality procedures.
• Provide input in employee performance evaluations, establish performance criteria, identify employee strengths and weaknesses, and recommend training and development requirements.
• Check/review the documents, 3D CAD model and other work produced by subordinate designers.
• Perform related duties as and when directed by the direct supervisor.
ssociate Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma/Certificate in Mechanical Draftsmanship with a minimum of 15 years of related oil & gas pipeline experience