Job Description and Responsibilities
What s it all about?
Visa University is changing the learning culture at Visa and is becoming an integral part of life at the Company where every employee and client will have access to a wealth of resources to enhance their effectiveness. We are a CEO supported start-up team within a large, global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data, and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
The Senior Director, Sales Training & Enablement is a member of Visa University s Market Learning organization reporting to the Regional Head of Learning and Head of Sales Excellence. This role is responsible for the effective creation, enhancement and delivery of Sales/Client facing (product) training, as well as industry and Visa-specific training. This should encompass content design, facilitating engaging live and virtual training programs and conducting 1:1 coaching to drive performance results.
The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting Sales methodology in a multi-faceted function such as consulting, has advanced experience with the sales life cycle, sales technical elements, consultative selling, financial acumen and payments industry. This individual should also have experience with generating revenue, create new business and be able to maximize sales leader and salesperson effectiveness. This role is also responsible for the management and support of a Sales trainer. The location of this role is flexible across the CEMEA region.
What we expect of you, day to day.
• Uses knowledge of Sales process and methodologies to design, develop, and implement selling-focused learning solutions aligned with business priorities and initiatives to ensure effective delivery and relevance of content
• Serves as Master Trainer for the Sales College responsible for collecting feedback from senior regional stakeholders on Sales curriculum and provides feedback to the Global Sales college to help evolve centralized curriculum.
• Contributes to the evolution and application of sales competency models for specific business roles related to selling as well as supporting the development of subject matter experts and VU Faculty
• Provides coaching and consulting on curriculum/training design and development to develop impactful, regionally tailored content, blended-training and non-training deliverables that will achieve the goals of the Sales organization
• Provides coaching to Account Executives and Client-facing Sales teams. Creates strategic learning roadmaps for new hires and the ongoing development of existing employees
• Establishes themselves as a key influencer and subject matter expert by leveraging experience with selling tools, communities and social media platforms that enable learner engagement and connection pre- or post-training sessions.
• Builds long-term business relationships with various groups within the organization to ensure sellers/client facing roles have the right skills to excel in their job and the support they need - providing the knowledge, coaching, tools and inspiration
• Builds long-term business relationships with various groups within the organization including Sales, Product/Engineering, and Marketing in order to identify internal experts whose knowledge and skills effectively
• Builds a strong knowledge of the business, including internal and external trends, and keeps up to date with Visa s business, payments industry and regional nuances.
• Support the ROI strategy for key global initiatives and the collection of regional ROI metrics to support that strategy.
• Delivers exceptional learning experiences to participants ensuring a minimum NPS of 70 in region, or globally, as required
• Champions excellence in facilitation and knowledge to deliver content in a simple and effective way while fostering a safe environment to have productive discussions promoting and inspiring a culture of learning that encourages continuous performance improvement, innovation, and learner engagement
• Collaborates with partners across VU to ensure seamless delivery of programs including ensuring that classes are set up, technology and AV requirements are functioning, capturing attendance and driving attendee completion of feedback.
• Manages the workload and assignment of Sales and Client facing facilitation across the team.