Senior Engineer – Electrical (Offshore)
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 11 years of related Petroleum / petrochemical industry experience preferable from a background in working for consultancy organizations in the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry.
A minimum of 3-5 years of experience within the off shore oil & gas industry working for Off shore EPCI consultants / Contractors
• Review the ITT (Invitation To Tender) documents provided in the proposals . Prepare technical queries (TQs) to Client . Seek scope clarification , Follow up the tender bulletins.
• Carry out FEED verification activity by carrying out preliminary sizing calculations to ascertain the adequacy of various engineered equipment as outlined in ITT documents.
• Issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial offers from vendors.
• Prepare various estimates like Bill of quantities, Material cost, Man-hours, Software cost, Vendor assistance, Vendor visits & any other estimates as needed for the bid.
• Provide engineering input to proposals ,risk register, project execution plan ,manning levels / histograms ,Technical bid analysis .
• Review contract requirements for project execution, organize the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR), identify requirements and scope of work; review basis of design , design guidelines , specifications, Data Sheets ,equipment layout , Hazardous area classifications Typical installation standards and other relevant documents.
• Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by initiating technical queries to projects/client.
• Identify a clear scope of work/supply and accordingly plan/schedule the engineering activities and manpower resource. Identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
• Prepare scope split matrix for the engineering work between home office & Satellite office.
• Liaise with projects / planning as well as with engineering team of Satellite office on project time schedules, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved.
• Assign and distribute manpower for the execution of engineering activities within budgeted project man-hours. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall manpower costs.
• Perform specific system design calculations using ETAP, equipment sizing , UPS and battery sizing calculations and joint review with supervisor
• Prepare equipment specifications and data sheets, develop detailed engineering calculations and drawings including the preparation of Basis of Design document, SLD, Load lists, Load schedule, cable and drum schedule schematics, Interconnection diagrams , Block Diagrams, cable and tray routing, LER/ switch gear room / Battery room / control room layouts, inputs to Cause and Effect diagrams, Cable and tray layouts JB schedules and other specific deliverables as outlined in the contract.
• Ensure compliance of design based on sound engineering practices, company standards, client contract requirements and based on international codes and standards for assigned projects.
• Provide inputs for the preparation of equipment layout , organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of data inputs.
• Prepare Inquiry Requisitions to vendors, carry out Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), issue purchase requisitions (PRs) for equipment and bulk materials.
• Review vendor drawings and documents , design calculations and ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications and are within budgeted costs.
• Interface regularly with client and vendor representatives and , ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs.
• Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT software.