Senior Maintenance Technician is responsible to perform the preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance of electrical, controls, firefighting and fire alarm system of district cooling plant and associated sites in accordance with standard operating procedure and good industry practices in a safe and efficient manner.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Undertake and execute all planned & preventive maintenance, corrective & breakdown maintenance, condition monitoring, inspection and testing of all ETS and district cooling plant equipment’s such as HV/MV/LV switchgear, power transformer, VFD panel, soft starter, LV/MV motor, capacitor bank, distribution board, PLC system, UPS, battery charger, generator, leak detection system, firefighting and fire alarm system, control valves, earthing and lightning system, etc. in a safe, timely and efficient manner in accordance with the standard operating procedures, authority regulations and good engineering practices.
• Perform various electrical test as per the requirement such as winding test, IR test, PI test, Hipot test, battery discharge test, oil analysis, protection relays test, contact resistance test and thermographic analysis etc.
• Perform major overhaul and shutdown maintenance activities which includes shutdown preparation, data collection and condition monitoring duties as assigned.
• Perform site calibration / verification of various instruments such as pressure and temperature gage, pressure and temperature transmitter, flow meter, etc.
• Work in collaboration with specialist maintenance sub-contractor / vendor to ensure the work is executed safely and timely and as per standards.
• Respond to faults and failures reported through the work order system; visit sites to inspect, trouble shoot and correct the fault.
• Respond appropriately to emergency situations and breakdowns such as power outages, system alarms etc.
• Liaison and coordination with relevant authorities as and when required.
• Troubleshooting and malfunctioning of all electrical, controls and monitoring equipment.
• Carries out modification work on circuit and control wiring as per approved drawings. Produce schematics to enable updating and production of 'as built' drawings.
• Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify failures and takes corrective actions.
• Provides recommendation in regards to the equipment maintenance frequencies and identify opportunities for improvement based on the statistical analysis of operations and maintenance history data.
• Provides technical support for investigations on breakdown incidents, analyze equipment failures, determine root cause analysis, breakdown failure analysis, recommend recovery plans, and develop cost-effective solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provide technical support in the preparation of various analytical reports on equipment system analysis, productivity, efficiency, etc. to aid in decision making and planning to improve equipment reliability and performance.
• Analyze process data and make decisions on equipment maintenance and improvement activities.
• Improve equipment reliability by increasing the mean time between failures (MTBF) while reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR).
• Check and continuously review stock of spare parts, tools, equipment and consumable items to maintain sufficient and adequate minimum stock levels at all times in close coordination with store incharge.
• Liaison and coordination with operations department for all maintenance activities on daily basis.
• Obtain necessary work permit as applicable prior to commence the maintenance activities.
• The work permit and lock-out/tag-out procedure must be implemented and complied for all maintenance activities.
• Identifies required tools, equipment and spare parts to perform maintenance activity and make requisition to obtain the items from store.
• Verify the tools and equipment to be used for maintenance activity is appropriate and shall have valid calibration certificate (if applicable).
• Carry out site visits to assess and monitor the running conditions of equipment.
• Preparation of method statement, procedures and hazards and risk assessment.
• Participate in the inspection, testing, commissioning and site acceptance testing activities of new installation and modification.
• Read and understand and interpret technical specifications, drawings, method statement, O&M manuals, maintenance procedures and check list, guidelines and training manuals.
• Provide brief explanation and tool box talk (TBT) to subordinates and operation team before the commencement of maintenance activity on daily basis to maintain high quality and safety standards.
• Reporting of all maintenance activities in an appropriate maintenance format such as maintenance check list, defects notification, equipment history log book, etc.
• Review and analysis of all maintenance reports and inform immediately to Supervisor/Engineer and take corrective measures as appropriate.
• Timely reporting of critical maintenance issues and areas of concerns.
• Prepare and raise material purchase requisition with detailed technical specifications.
• Inspection of incoming materials as per the specifications.
• Maintain the cleanliness and housekeeping in the vicinity of work area on daily basis.
• Attend training and safety program.
• Direct and train sub ordinates for the safe and correct execution of maintenance task.
• Report near misses encountered on day to day activities related to unsafe conditions and practices.
• Integrating new technologies and planning new initiatives to enhance the equipment performance, efficiency and reliability.
• Perform other various tasks and duties assigned by the immediate supervisor or management on day to day basis.
• Completion of preventive and routine maintenance as per schedule and standards.
• Rectification of maintenance defects within stipulated time frame and avoid reoccurrence.
• Ensure all necessary work permits and safety measures are implemented to perform maintenance activity.
• Accurate and timely submission of maintenance reports and check list.
• Adherence and compliance of QHSE policies and procedures.
• Provide on-job training to sub-ordinates.
Improve equipment reliability by carrying out timely and effective preventive maintenance and reduces the equipment breakdown time and ensure the equipment is operating in good and healthy working condition at all times.