we have a job opportunity for the position of “Senior Engineer & Engineer/ IMC“ with one of our leading Telecom client. Please reply with your updated CV if you find the job role suitable.
Principal Functions (Major Areas of Responsibility):
Provides Back Office Support to Fixed Network operations team to ensure a smooth, reliable and efficiently running network. Traffic analysis, internal software tables dimensioning, assessment of proactive maintenance procedures, solution of complex network issues and dashboard analysis to be the key functions.
Duties & Responsibilities :
Depending upon functional assignment, the jobholder shall carry out activities related to his respective network/service/functionality area)
1. Daily monitoring of all hardware and s/w alarms concerning to Network ref: clock (Oscilloquartz) ,TDM exchange, 6 NGN Soft Switches, 20 MGWs, Signaling nodes and corrective actions as per Etisalat O & M Manual. Attending all critical callouts at any point of time.
2. Maintaining the backup of all the international nodes as per the O & M Manual.
3. Preserving the toll ticket records of the international calls as per the O & M Manual.
4. Identify the international faulty trunks and report to transmission for further action.
5. Identifying the low NER destinations and taking corrective actions to improve.
6. Identifying the reasons for abnormal short duration calls on trunk groups and initiating corrective actions.
7. Special attention to TOP25 destinations and identifying the international carriers with low NER and follow up actions to improve.
8. Co-ordination with carriers for new inter connection ( ISUP as well as VoIP), conducting different tests as per ITU and RFC recommendation and implementing those new interconnection after thorough testing and CDR verification.
9. Co-ordination with national NOCs for expansion of the existing network, new SIP connectivity, re arrangement of the existing trunks as per the C & WS instructions and requirements.
10. Attending all roaming related complaints and escalating to the concerned and implement the corrective actions if required. Coordination with roaming teams till the clearance of the fault.
11. Attending all subscriber related complaints which are logged in CBCM and related to international call issues.
12. Co-ordination with other carriers for their network expansion and transfer of carrier trunks to their new international nodes as advised by C & WS.
13. Implementing all routing modifications as per the C & WS plans for all the destinations around the world.
14. Implementing all auto transit whole sale routing in the concerned nodes as advised by C & WS section.
15. Attending all international carrier complaints related to retail and whole sale routing.
16. Special attention to Etisalat subsidiaries requirements and attending their complaints.
17. Up keeping of the B- Number table as per the destinations numbering plan with charging parameters.
18. Implementation of ITFS, HCD, VoIP calling card and other VAS in the international nodes and testing with the concerned international carriers. Attending complaints and investigating issues related to toll free & calling card services.
19. Coordination with POI section related to UAE other national operator and issues related to them.
20. Maintaining the external tools such as Ascade Network provisioning database for the automation of the routing.
21. Synchronization of the international nodes database as per the Ascade database with respect to each international operators.
22. Maintain the Ascade assure database for automation of the test calls through direct and indirect carriers.
23. Attending all issues related to CDR suspense issues, investigation and initiate corrective actions.
24. Co-ordination with ISS section and implement the national security related data in the international nodes.
25. Attending all issues related to Fraud management section and attend all critical call outs related to Fraud.
26. Attending all special events and manning 24 hours to meet all critical situations.
27. Conduct acceptance test of the international nodes under commission and report all critical, Major and minor Snags to the vendor and to the management.
28. Attend in all network Hazardous activities for the expansion of the existing capacity, HW/ SW faults etc and maintain all records related to such activity.
29. Coordination with vendors ,Software Center and CSD planning and projects teams to implement new features or modification of the existing.
30. Proper coordination with CSD planning team to meet their requirements and implement their instructions as and when it received.
31. Maintain the IMC records as per the ISO9000 standards and follow their strict compliance.
32. Identify the Quick win projects and implement those to save energy, transmission path etc.
Job-Specific Competencies required to successfully perform the job Expected level (1-4)
1. Telecom Engineering Knowledge 3
2. Knowledge of Latest NGN & IMS protocols 3
3. Industry awareness and Business acumen. 3
4. Team leading and influencing. 3
5. Networking anf relationship building. 3
6. Project Management skills. 3
7. Statistical and operational reporting and analysis 3
8. Knowledge of Etisalat network and infrastructure 3
9. Knowledge of Etisalat Products and Services 2
10. Performance and workforce management 3
11. Analytical and Problem Solving Skills 3
12. Contractor/Suppliers relation management 2
13. Industry awareness and Business acumen 3
14. Network planning and Development skill 3
15. Communication and Presentation Skills 4
Note: 1- Developing 2-Competent 3- Advanced 4- Expert
1. Developing- Performs routine/simple tasks mostly independently but requires guidance/supervision in some cases. However, requires guidance on more complex cases.
2. Competent- Performs all routine tasks and some complex tasks without supervision or guidance. Requires supervision selectively and for non-routine tasks.
3. Advanced- Performs routine and complex tasks without supervision or guidance. Can supervise others to achieve tasks.
4. Expert- Recognized as an expert in subject matter & contributes significantly to the strategic plans/programs. Capable of guiding others to achieve routine and complex tasks and providing comprehensive solutions to business/operational issues.
If this profile interests you, then please mail me your details on email@example.com