Senior Engineer, Metallurgy & Corrosion
We are the Gulf s most-experienced LNG producer, running one of the world s most reliable LNG facilities off the coast of Abu Dhabi since 1973. By processing and producing LNG, LPG, Paraffinic Naphtha, and Sulphur for export, we are supplying important energy products to the world. We are majority owned by ADNOC, which has a 70% share of the company. Other shareholders are Mitsui & Co (15%), BP (10%), and Total (5%). We embrace ADNOC s values, and are proud to be an industry leader in achieving a diverse workforce that is committed to serving the UAE and providing energy for life.
JOB PURPOSE :
Plan and coordinate the corrosion and materials section activities covering the corrosion monitoring including periodic reporting to provide integrity status of systems and significant trends or limitations under the guidance of Team Leader Corrosion & Metallurgy or Manager Inspection & Corrosion.
Participate in the Risk Based Inspection implementation and update, in order to establish/review inspection strategies & integrity operating windows.
Initiate the implementation of corrosion prevention measures in areas of Cathodic Protection, Corrosion Chemical Inhibition, Materials Selection and Painting Systems, as well as Insulation Systems.
Job Specific Accountabilities
• Responsible for ensuring corrosion chemical program. Responsible for monitoring CP system.
• Maintain corrosion related best practices for CP, facilities maintenance and operations.
• Maintain and update the installation Corrosion Monitoring and Mitigation policies.
• Participate in RBI system implementation and establish IOW and inspection strategies.
• Provide assistance in technical expertise to Asset Integrity, Operations and Maintenance.
• Assist in developing and implementing ongoing measures to identify and mitigate corrosion of vessel, pipework, pipelines and structural systems.
• Review and interpret corrosion/inspection monitoring data in database, along with trends and existing mitigation measures. Recommend changes in the corrosion criticality analysis and monitoring/ inspection program where appropriate. Ensure all relevant data is entered into the database.
• Participate in the regular review of Corrosion Control Materials and key performance indicators.
• Identify major deterioration threats and ensure integrity limitations are addressed and propose suitable mitigation techniques.
• Initiate and direct activities to support or assist in confirming monitoring data or as the result of failures of equipment or trending predictions.
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis ensuring that proper historical data is collected, defining damage/deterioration mechanism as well as corrosion loops and assessing probability of failure and consequence to determine Risk Categories and proper prevention/control policies. Coordinate and carryout metallurgical failure investigation. Preparing scope of metallurgical investigation for third party lab and also advising the necessary requirements for in-house failure investigation including report preparation.
• Direct and supervises day-to-day Corrosion Supervisor & technicians tasks within the defined work scope, is responsible to ensuring that compliance with acceptance criteria that have been set and maintained.
• Review of cathodic protection data (i.e. potentials survey and transformer rectifier output readings) from ADNOC LNG & ASR Plants to control and monitor the condition of all underground piping, submerged metallic structures and concrete foundations.
• Review of Corrosion Monitoring data (i.e. Electrical Resistance Probes reading, Chemical Injection Pumps check and Hydrogen Patch probes check) from LNG and ASR plants to control and monitor the internal condition of static equipment and piping.
• Interpreting and analyzing of internal corrosion monitoring collected data.
• Interpreting and analyzing of cathodic protection collected data.
• Responsible for organizing and preparing of maintenance programmes for overhauling all cathodic protection transformer rectifier units in LNG and ASR Plants.
• Responsible for ensuring that all data relating to storing, maintaining all cathodic protection and internal corrosion monitoring collecting data instruments in sound in good working condition.
• Responsible for ensuring that all High Pressure corrosion monitoring retrieval equipment (i.e. Cosasco service valve and retriever) after service operations of internal corrosion monitoring devices such as Corrosion Coupons and Electrical Resistance probes, etc.
• Responsible for materials selection and specification in the areas of metallurgy, refractories, insulation and painting systems.
• Provides opportunities for training and development of employees in the section (with emphasis on UAE Nationals) and assesses their progress, this Includes on the job training, and proper work delegation.
• Contributes to the Design, Technical and Operational Integrity processes of AIRMS and exhibits appropriate level of knowledge and responsibility.
• Participate in inspections carried out by the inspection engineers and others if required.
• Participate in document review for various projects related to corrosion, CP, Material selection and coatings, insulation.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Has daily contact with Operations personnel, through the permit to work systems ensuring compliance with ADNOC-LNG Safety Regulations.
• Liaise with other departments within ADNOC-LNG and ADNOC-Offshore at supervisory level to solve any related work problems.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor Degree in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering/Chemical Engineering.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 8 years of experience in corrosion & metallurgical analysis, in the Oil and Gas Industry with good working knowledge of gas production, of which at least 3 years experience in a similar position.
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge in carrying out metallurgical investigations in CP equipment failure, potential survey of CP system and field application of internal corrosion control & plant and equipment.
• Working knowledge of paint application and control and knowledge of metallographic procedures
• Good Knowledge of relevant International Codes, Standard and Practices