Provides robust professional technical advice, guidance and support to process optimization-based activities, for the Technical function (TSD) at Orpic, under Team Leader Process Optimization Initiatives scope s; through executing & Leading TSD POS operations and the corresponding engineering, maintenance and operational teams in designated areas (Crude Distillation, RFCC / Delayed Cocker, Hydro Processing, Kerosene Merox, Platformer/CCR, Hydrotreatment Units, Isomerization, Naphtha Splitter and Sulphur Recovery units); in order to ensure projects and service targets are achieved efficiently and to optimum standards.
Senior Engineer POS & Logistics MAF position will act in accordance with Orpics Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani s government & other legal justification s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
• Analyses MAF refinery plants data, using Plant Information (PI) and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) - and provides remedial solutions in case of any deviation.
• Identifies opportunities to optimize operations in Crude Distillation, RFCC Delayed Cocker, hydro Processing, Kerosene Merox, Platformer /CCR, Hydro treatment Units, Isomerization, Naphtha Splitter and Sulphur Recovery, within and across process units or equipment.
• Coordinates and reviews complex design work performed by internal/ external engineering resources, which results in process optimization.
• Develops Heat and Material Balances, Process Flow Diagrams, designs minor plant modifications and follows through to the project completion.
• Monitors specific equipment such as reactors, columns, heaters etc., performs Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and proposes corrective actions for performance improvement.
• Participates in HAZOP studies for any modification of existing facilities in MAF refinery areas.
• Prepare preliminary documents for tender submissions.
• Develops technical procedures in line with modifications and new systems implemented.
• Validate the design, analysis or findings of junior staff.
Knowledge, sKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUAL S:
Knowledge Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum Qualifications for this position is a Bachelor s Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar.
• Minimum 10 years experience in Operations/Process engineering, out of which 4 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of Refinery plants operation (Crude Distillation, RFCC Delayed Cocker, hydro Processing, Kerosene Merox, Platformer /CCR, Hydro treatment Units, Isomerization, Naphtha Splitter and Sulphur Recovery)
• Experienced with business applications (such as PI, LIMS, SAP etc.)
• Experience in HSE & Process safety.
• Distributed Control System (DCS);
• Communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas: Refining, Storage, Marketing, Distribution
Functional Area :