Senior Process Safety Engineer is a technical role within HSE Division reporting directly to the Technical Safety Team Leader. The position will provide support to the development and maintenance of fit for purpose Technical (i.e., Process) Safety Systems for the Project and future Operate phases of the Gas Development Project, as well as future projects/assets.
The scope of the Senior Process Safety Engineer role includes providing Technical Safety support to all Company Divisions on all activities carried out by or on behalf of the COMPANY, at assets under the direct or indirect control of COMPANY. This includes in-country (UAE) and overseas Project locations at both COMPANY & Contractor facilities.
The position will be responsible for the day to day execution of technical safety activities in accordance with assigned responsibilities and established performance targets.
• To assist the Technical Safety Team Leader and Technical Safety Manager in the development and delivery of fit for purpose Process Safety Management Systems;
• Technical authoring of COMPANY Technical Safety (i.e., Process Safety, Asset Integrity) documentation;
• To periodically review Design & Operations Performance Standards are developed and maintained for all HSE Critical Systems;
• To ensure the timely identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and development of effective tools to manage and reduce these risks to ALARP;
• To participate in HEMP studies/reviews i.e., HAZOP, HAZID HAZEER, ENVID, SIL, QRA etc.;
• To participate in PFD and P&lD reviews for complex systems;
• To review and input to the development and maintenance of COMAH reports & HSE Impact Assessments (HSEIA) for Major Hazard sites;
• To ensure Process Safety principles and best practices are implemented early in the design phase and carried through to facility completion and Operation;
• To ensure that HSE requirements are being considered during management of change processes and are implemented for all phases of the project and operations;
• To review CONTRACTOR Process Safety documentation to ensure it complies with COMPANY requirements, contractual agreements & ADNOC Codes of Practice;
• To provide input to leading and lagging Process Safety performance measures;
• To provide regular assurance back to the Technical Safety Team Leader on the technical integrity of the design and installation of COMPANY assets;
• To mentor, coach & ensure Competence Development of junior Process Safety staff as and when applicable;
• To maintain contact with concerned groups for Process Safety issues;
• To participate in incident control duties during major accident emergencies or drills;
• To support the development & implementation of a Process Safety Learning & Development program through updating the lessons learned register & preparation of safety moments;
• To keep updated about industry best practices pertaining to Process Safety & Asset Integrity;
• Participating in Technical Safety Audits & HSECES Integrity Assurance Activities;
• Providing Process Safety input to Annual HSE Management Reviews;
• Promoting a positive, value-centered HSE culture;
• A Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related engineering field from an accredited university
• Minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience in the oil/gas industry or in HSE consultancy providing services to oil/gas industry. If holding a master's degree in HSE related field, Minimum working experience of five (5) years in HSE field is required.
• Strong background in QRA, HAZID, HAZOP, HSECES and Bow-Tie development preferred.
• Has clearly demonstrated strong Process Safety competencies.
• Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment.
• Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.