Leads the development, implementation and continuous improvement of process optimization-based activities at Suhar Refinery Process areas for the Technical function (TSD) at Orpic. Works under the Manager Process Optimization Services scope through: (1) Leading the resolution of complex operational problems in Suhar refinery process areas. (2) Co-ordinates team to ensure that Management process optimization Services meets Management strategy and performance goals and (3) Leads the development, implementation and continuous improvement of process optimization-based activities in refinery areas; in order to ensure projects and service targets are achieved efficiently and to optimum standards.
Team Leader SR Processes position will act in accordance with Orpics Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani s government & other legal justification s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
• Assesses (based on reports and modelling techniques) Suhar refinery plant performance and lays out the best course of action term for achieving the company goals.
• Resolves issues that have a direct business impact, using advanced problem solving tools and techniques and balancing multiple considerations (e.g. economics, operation, maintenance and technical).
• Leads complex design work performed by internal/ external engineering resources that result in process optimization.
• Performs benchmarking by identifying problem areas and observing the "best practice" companies to highlight leading edge practices in terms of quality, time and cost - and develop implementation plans which include identification of specific opportunities.
• Leads HAZOP studies for any modifications in the refinery areas.
• Ensures the development of technical procedures in line with modifications and new systems implemented.
• Provides Scope of Work for MOC (Management of Change) requests raised for process improvement.
• Carries out the technical evaluation of tenders and generate the evaluation report.
• Establish solid competitive KPIs for catalyst and chemical technologies
• Accountable for all aspects of catalyst management, except for direct procurement, stock control and output management
• Advise in best process control to reduce losses and maximize profit
• Lead Debottlenecking studies to allow Suhar refineries units running at maximum optimized conditions
• Review process equipment internal during the turnaround and propose a corrective action for the damaged process related items
Knowledge Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum Qualifications for this position is a University degree in Chemical Engineering or similar.
• Minimal years of experience is 10 years experience in Operations/Process engineering, inclusive of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of petrochemical plants and refinery operations.
• Experience in Crude Distillation, RFCC, Delayed Cocker, Hydro Cracking Process, Merox technology, Hydro treatment Units, Isomerization, Recovery.
• Experience in Risk Assessments, HAZOPS & Safety.
• Experience in catalyst and chemical technologies
• Business applications (PI, LIMS, SAP etc.)
• Communication skills.
• Customers Service skills.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas: Refining, Storage, Marketing, Distribution
Functional Area :