Position at Al Jazeera Media Network
The Corporate Senior Executive Communications and Public Relations is responsible for assisting in the implementation of Al Jazeera Media Network's overall publicity and corporate communications strategy and for the identification of key publicity opportunities, delegating, implementing and coordinating this across key relevant regions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Ensure proactive engagements to promote channel s content and corporate brand
• Execute PR campaigns internationally for all Network s entities and products, including press conferences and PR events.
• Provide copy writing for various PR purposes, e.g. Press releases, social media posts and other communication materials.
• Create extensive relations with regional and international media institutions and journalists
• Work closely with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Corporate Development and Research,
• Liaise with News, Programs teams as appropriate to identify key publicity needs and opportunities that support the implementation of publicity campaigns
• Identify, develop and coordinate regular Channel specific information concerning programming, news materials
• Liaise with digital division to plan and execute all PR and Communications strategies aimed at raising the profile and content amongst regional and international audiences.
• Maintain an up-to-date awareness of trends and developments across PR and Communication domains.
• Build and maintain a positive relationship with media and provide professional and efficient responses to enquiries.
• Maintain, research and quantify data analytics and measurement with regard to campaigns
• Engage with audiences proactively and reactively, dealing with issues of concern
• Effectively coordinate crisis communications to avert any negative publicity
• Media monitoring and effective response to issues concerns Network s entities and brand
Job Requirements and Qualifications :
• Relevant bachelor s degree
• 5 years inhouse/agency/journalism
• A well-developed understanding of media relations, communications strategies, and the elements of successful public relations campaigns.
• Knowledge of effective messaging for various media markets.
• Experience managing multi-format communications campaigns for global organizations, including broadcast, print and digital.
• Experience managing a heavy workload and coordinating activities under tight deadlines and budgetary pressure
• Writing (PR statements, articles, producing reports and research materials)
• Inter personal skills and team work
• Digital PR engagement
• Verbal communication
• Collecting and presenting information
• More than one language is an advantage (English & Arabic)
• Strategic mind set