The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for ongoing business and financial analysis, follow-up of the group s business activities (distribution, retail and services), participate in value-added studies for the group, develop procedures, predict spending and return and assist Business units in their decisions.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
• Finance activities and coordination
• Provide linkage across the different divisions and business units and work closely with operational sales and marketing/division managers and develop excellent knowledge of the business units operating environments including market size, industry trends, competitors, brands, margins, retail outlets as well as advertising spend etc.
• Support Marketing and Sales Teams in preparing P&L projection for promotions and launches, analysis of financial viability of new openings and marketing budget follow-u.
• Evaluate business proposals with complete analysis of economic impact on business.
• Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions.
• Measure, plan and forecast Marketing activities and implications to income statement and balance sheet.
• Develop Financial Strategic Planning as 3-Y Plan, strategic plan, Annual Plan & Quarterly Plan updates.
• Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow on weekly basis to provide corrective actions if necessary.
• Prepare the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB), the Budget and the revised Budget TDB from individual company TDBs.
• Prepare analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management.
• Revise the budgets and close follow up on: collections, payables, stock, sales and net margin.
• Provide analysis and recommendations on annual and revised budgets, challenge assumption and propose revisions.
• Follow up and control the capital expenditure budgets allocated to the business unit.
• Monitor the cost structure of the companies business units and prepare business profitability analysis.
• Arrange, observe and control the P&L, balance sheet and Interest rate parity (IRP) and recommend action.
• Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
• Build and manage a comprehensive KPI s model (Financial & Business) in line with Company s objectives and captures all relevant info needed to manage the business.
• Run a GAP analysis to maintain financial standards as budgeted and process revisions.
• Prepare operating budgets based on previous figures or estimated revenue and expense reports.
• Review actual s against the budget performances and prepare reports explaining budgets deviations.
• Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
• Organize internal and External Reporting; make constructive proposals and Act as an internal consultancy to Managing Director, Business units Managers and Group Finance Manager to monitor the business.
• Take the data generated by the Accounting Department (input) and transform it into meaningful management information.
• Analyze and follow-up of all management and financial indicators.
• Provide Internal Control, ensure compliance with all Group Policies & Procedures and assist departments in running their businesses.
• Support monthly closing process, preparation of journal entries, compilation of financial statements and analysis of financial activity.
• Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of business, finance, and economic theory, to drive continuous improvement of financial reports and to evaluate their impact on the business.
• Monitor analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
• Develop new capabilities to improve processes and efficiency of spend, and to develop appropriate financial methods of evaluating and measuring Marketing performance to be applied by financial reporting team.
• Project Analysis
• Provide analytical support to various treasury or cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects.
• Participate in new projects by processing simulations for new joint ventures and preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L.
• Participate in all finance projects relating to the companies business units.
• Assist in Business Development by bringing financial expertise.
• Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products.
• Participate in projects such as:
- implementation of OLAP tool for consolidation
- implementation of monitoring tool for cash management
- Review of purchase cycle
- Implementation of cycle counts.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Finance / Treasury