Reporting to the VP, Planning & Commercial Finance, this an exciting role that will work with financial forecasting, credit facility and capital structure monitoring, financial modelling of investment decisions, and support the strategic planning and budgeting process. The Senior Planning Analyst/Manager will be a part of a high-performing Central Planning Team, and will have a great opportunity to mentor and coach peers, brainstorm with them to find solutions to issues, and will need to be flexible to complete a variety of ad hoc requests & tasks.
• Develop financial models and analyze financial information in support of long-range strategic planning.
• Maintain and assist in development of the corporate budget and long-term plan.
• Coordinating with the business to consolidate, analyse and present the company s annual budget and long-term plan to a variety of key stakeholders.
• Collaborate on and help deliver the monthly rolling financial re-forecast
• Conduct variance analysis to explain how the budget and/or rolling forecast compares against actual performance
• Prepare materials as part of the reporting cycle, including various Board reports, forecasting and capital structure updates and investor relations materials.
• Develop relationships with operations management, becoming a resource and advisor, in order to integrate financial aspects into decision-making.
• Working closely with the Business Units & Business Development teams, assist in preparing financial analysis of internal projects and transactions, and other ad hoc requests related to capital investments.
• Assist in evaluating the financial performance of capital investments against established objectives.
• Support VP, Planning & the Executive Team in creating and updating the company s strategy, providing modelling and interpretation of strategic options.
• Act as centre of excellence for planning, budgeting, and economic evaluation activities across the company
• Provide management and the Board with ad hoc reports to support decision-making.
Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Economics, Engineering or related field
• 5-10+ years experience providing financial support to business.
• Knowledge and ability to work with planning IT systems and tools. (e.g. Oracle Hyperion)
• Experience in Oil and Gas or Energy-related business