Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Your responsibilities as Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Ramboll are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist with proven design experience to join our geotechnical team in Abu Dhabi.
• Candidate is expected to take responsibility for the delivery of geotechnical services to other disciplines within the organisation for small to medium sized projects and assist in the delivery of larger projects under the guidance of the team leader and project director.
• Should work with the ground engineering teams in other Ramboll offices.
• Must apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others.
• Assist in providing guidance to graduate and junior staff to help deliver projects and be able to deal with internal and external clients.
• Assist with project bidding and input to the procurement of new work for the transport teams and in collaboration with other teams.
• Liaising with clients, both internal and external, with a view to building and growing client relationships and developing opportunities for new business.
You and your competencies
• Bachelors degree or Master s degree with minimum 7-8 years experience in the relevant field with significant professional consulting experience where a reasonable component of that experience should be from the delivery, engineering, design and/or support and coordination of client solutions and projects.
• Has experience of supporting consulting projects and in acting as an engineering/scientific /technical/functional resource.
• Demonstrates strong consulting and business acumen as well as strong engineering, scientific, technical and functional expertise, in relevant domains of knowledge.
• Has excellent English language skills (written and oral), coupled with strong communication (written and oral) skills.
• Experience of ground investigation works including design, specification and supervision.
• Experience of geotechnical interpretation and reporting.
• Experience of geotechnical design, with particular emphasis on design of buildings foundations and excavations, including shallow foundation design, piling, earth retaining structures, basements, retaining walls, slope stability etc.
• Experience in geotechnical design of civils and marine works also an advantage.
• Familiarity with international design standards including British Standards and Eurocodes.
• Experience of geotechnical software including gInt (or HoleBASE), Wallap, Slope/W, Surfer, Geo5, and similar programs.
• Experience of preparing reports, plans and specifications.
• Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and taking responsibility for geotechnical work.
• An attitude suited to a culture of collaboration, technical excellence, programme and cost awareness.
• Capable of working independently.
• Able to demonstrate geotechnical engineering knowledge, communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving abilities.
• Experienced interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrates a driven and passionate interest in the design of geotechnical engineering works with a strong desire to assist in growing and developing a team within the Middle East region.
• Chartership would be an advantage.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company globally with especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. We employ 13,000 experts and we constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower people within our organisation, welcome individual differences and create multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy, Oil & Gas, Telecoms and Management Consulting.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for everyone.
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :