Graphic Designer Create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers.
• They develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports and prepare visual presentations
Duties and responsibilities
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
• Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
• Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
• Should demonstrate their creativity and originality through a professional portfolio that features their best designs.
• Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Determine the message the design should portray
• Create images that identify a product or convey a message
• Develop graphics and visual or audio images for product illustrations, logos, and websites
• Create designs either by hand or using computer software packages
• Select colors, images, text style, and layout
• Present the design to the art director.
• Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
• Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
• Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality
4 to 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Graphic Design Media Production