The Supervisor-Housekeeping perform supervisory duties in the care, cleaning, and general housekeeping of the Hospital buildings; trains new employees; assigns duties, inspects work, and investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service & equipment and takes corrective actions. Conducts first step grievance hearings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establishes and maintains housekeeping schedules and assign employees to areas for various housekeeping duties; conduct comprehensive inspection to check the completion of work assignments.
2. Ensures that the assignments are appropriately staffed and that employees have adequate supplies and equipment for completion of assignments.
3. Discusses general housekeeping procedures with personnel of the assigned area; recommends and implements changes in procedures in consultation with the Coordinator.
4. Takes necessary action to correct any mechanical, structural, or electrical condition in need of repair or replacement.
5. Recommends various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
6. Monitors and ensures the training of new personnel.
7. Supervises housekeeping services including cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing, etc., in stairways, hallways, offices, labs. rooms and public area.
8. Ensures that common areas including conference rooms, lobby and waiting areas are clean and free of trash and debris.
9. Ensures wastebaskets and trash boxes are emptied and staff offices are cleaned daily; Daily, Weekly and Monthly Schedule to be followed
10. Maintain records and submit reports concerning personnel, equipment, supplies, expense, and general housekeeping activities.
11. Records and orders supplies and equipment necessary for the day-to-day operations.
12. Participates in the preparation of meeting areas for meetings, seminars, and other staff/client functions.
13. Attends meetings when required.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
15. Prepare weekly and monthly store request and receive store
1. Managers or Heads of Departments
2. Plants & Facility and Nursing staff
3. Other NMH Employees
1. Patients and their Relatives & Friends
2. Contractor Staff