What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented Senior Interior Designer to join our Kuwait Office, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for team members with exceptional design skills, first class graphics and a passion for place making. You will work as part of the wider studio team located in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Works as part of an Interior design team. This team member plans, schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with the Discipline Lead.
• Coordinate and lead the assigned team of Interior Designers and Technicians on a daily basis and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout.
• Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project.
• Develop a thorough project delivery strategy.
• Produce detailed scope of services for specialist sub-consultant.
• Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
• Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
• Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc.
• Responsible, with guidance from Senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
• Actively pursue or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
• Responsible for coordinating QA/QC and review processes on each project responsible for.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Interior Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Extensive project experience.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of SSH's commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH's standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements
knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Relevant Architectural / Interior Design focused degree.
• Local Society of Engineers membership.
• Experience of working on International and/or onsite projects is desirable.
• Experience of working within a team of 10+.
• Demonstrated specialised discipline skills on 2+ projects.