• Creates & develops audit programs in accordance with internal auditing standards.
• Conduct internal audits of various department functions including operational and financial audits.
• Review findings and recommendations with University faculty and administrators in a way that gains their acceptance of proposed changes.
• Develop and make presentations to the University community concerning internal accounting controls and compliance.
• Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
• Determine compliance with University and procedures, UAE laws and regulations and University contractual requirements.
• Review documents, records, reports and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness.
• Follow-up on findings and recommendations to ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
• Work with the university community to assist in the implementation of policies, procedures and practices.
• Work to improve operational, functional and technical systems.
• Maintain current knowledge of new developments in the accounting and internal auditing fields as applicable to the University.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in accounting or finance with 5 years of progressive auditing experience in university/college accounting or auditing environment.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is prefferable.
• Ability to follow basic audit standards, procedures and techniques required to perform audits.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines.
• Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner within the University community and the public.
• Capability to effectively and confidently discuss audit issues with faculty and administrators, and develop business-focused recommendations to strengthen controls.
• Knowledge of changes in labour laws.
• Knowledge of financial recordkeeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Ability to establish, implement and evaluate short- and long-range audit plans.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
• Computer literacy skills sufficient to access and analyze data with the use of spreadsheets and to produce audit reports to a professional standard.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.