• Assist the manager to develop short and long-term internal audit goals, procedures and objectives. Assist in the preparation of an annual plan for auditing all departments and operations.
• Follows the appropriate audit programs for every assignment /project as per the approved Internal Audit Plan.
• Oversees and reviews operational audits performed by assistant IA s ensuring adherence with Company policies, regulations, financial controls, and industry standards. Ensures adequate test work, conducts related discussions with management, develops recommendations.
• Oversees, directs, and reviews Information Systems audits performed by assistant IA s. Ensures that necessary computer controls exist and are developed and modified as needed. Ensures the appropriate review of systems specifications, tests of transactions, control documents, documentation, and backup procedures.
• Uses standard audit techniques to obtain, analyze, and appraise data, transactions and records as a basis for providing an objective opinion on the performance of the business activity and the effectiveness of key risk management activities
• Keeps the Internal Audit Manager informed of area of activities and of any significant problems.
• Ensure that professional business relationships are established and maintained with outside business contacts and external audit professionals.
• Maintains positive team relationships by demonstrating and supporting initiative, willingness to learn, flexibility, respect, cooperation and commitment to the success of Internal Audit Services.
• Assists the manager in preparing audit reports outlining the scope of each audit and its results and recommends corrective measures as necessary. Assembles and maintains documents and adequately cross-referenced working papers in the prescribed manner and timely for review by the supervisor.
• 5 to 8 years of experience.
• At least 5 years of progressive auditing experience required.
• Supervisory experience required. Knowledge of Insurance business is an advantage.
• Bachelor s degree in accounting.
• CIA /CPA / ACCA / ACA / CISA or any other equivalent professional qualification.
• Thorough knowledge of audit procedures, Government regulations and Company operations. Understanding of audit and other related computer applications.
• Thorough understanding of financial and operational functions. Understanding of audit functions and procedures and related regulations.
• Demonstrates management, supervisory and organizational abilities.
• Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills, creative and able to develop innovative solutions.
• Attentive to details.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Able to use all related computer software applications and be computer literate with full knowledge of MS office application.
• Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses.
• Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
• Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions and make professional presentations.