To oversee the development of Islamic Finance instruments products and services based on Takaful, Zakat, Awqaf at multilateral, national, institutional or organizational level. To develop and maintain close relationship with MC and Non-Mc, governments, regulators and other stakeholders to engage and advise them on Takaful, Zakat and Awqaf.
Key Accountabilities (not exhaustive list):
Strategic and Operational Planning
• Contribute to Islamic Finance Department strategic objectives and annual business plan.
• Identify opportunities and monitor initiatives that enable the Division to increase its impact on the Islamic Financial Services Industry
• Deliver innovative and differentiated services and solutions to different stakeholders
• Identify products/services and engage clients for the purpose of cost recovery and revenue generation.
• Design and initiate policy dialogue in coordination with member countries for development of the Islamic Finance, promoting intra-regional Islamic financial integration in coordination of the concerned departments.
• Apply advisory services to the public and private sectors for utilizing Islamic financial services including Takaful, Zakat and Awqaf, and achieving the overall aim of financial inclusion.
• Design and contribute to training programs on Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance.
Research and Products
• Conduct significant research within the Islamic Finance sector on Takaful, Zakat Awqaf and monitor industry developments.
• Monitor the development of new Islamic products and services offered by the market and the IDBG.
• Contribute to the production of knowledge products re, reviews, briefs related to Takaful, Zakat, Awqaf and updates on Islamic Finance issues as well as the projects undertaken by the department, independently and in coordination with other entities of the IDBG.
• Oversee the development of Islamic Finance instruments, products, and services based on market and stakeholders' needs, at multilateral, national, institutional or organizational level.
• Track areas of growth and expansion within the Islamic Finance industry and explore avenues to support and reinforce these.
Knowledge sharing & Innovation
• Supervise and provide technical guidance to less experienced staff members.
• Contribute to promoting the role and efforts of the Islamic Infrastructure institutions for overall development of Islamic Finance.
• Provide advice and technical services to peers and colleagues, divisions and departments in Islamic Finance related issues.
• Bachelor s degree in Finance Islamic Finance/Islamic Financial Products or related field.Finance/Islamic Finance or related field.
• Masters in Islamic Finance/ Islamic Financial Products or related field. (Preferred)
• English (mandatory)
• French (preferred)
• Arabic (preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
• 10 years of experience in Islamic finance advisory, 3 of which should be in a multilateral development bank.
• 7+ years of experience in Islamic Finance Services (with PhD in Islamic Finance), 3 of which should be in a multilateral development bank.
Job specific competencies
• Advance Islamic Finance Advisory and Technical Assistance knowledge.
• Advanced Islamic Finance/Micro-finance knowledge knowledge.
Jeddah, Head Office
20% or more depending on requirements