The Senior IT Functional Analyst will specialize in a specific technology, line of business, domain or industry within the JHAH IT organization.
Provide and define a feasible IT solution, its implementation, its interaction with existing systems and improve the cost effectiveness of a project..
JHAH Team Lead, Team members, and JHAH Employees.
• Analyze the existing systems and highlight areas of improvement;
• Research opportunities by identifying new software/service to be developed;
• Analyze and decompose complex requirements;
• Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions;
• Document requirements, create functional specifications and prepare wireframes/flowcharts;
• Development based on product specifications;
• Facilitate change and configuration management;
• Monitor performance, discover variances and propose necessary actions;
• Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications; and
• Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports.
• Conduct meetings with various IT and Business entities.
Epic Principle Duties (Applicable for Epic Analyst or Instructional Designer Only)
• Work with clinical operational users to ensure that workflows in the system are clinically accurate and according to MoH, CBAHI, and JCIA standards
• Observe and meet with clinicians at their place of work to validate that configuration is correct and optimized for the relevant medical specialty and/or area requirements
• Update training materials, tip sheets, and training environment to reflect agreed on hospital and clinic workflows
• Schedule and conduct new hire, upgrade, or additional training as required for clinicians and end users accordingly to their specialty area
• Foster and maintain strong communication and collaboration with operational counterparts to build and provide analytical and evidence based tools focused on patient safety and satisfaction
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Information Technology, or
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing, Pharmacy, Informatics or other medical specialty (for Epic Clinical Analyst and Instructional Designers Only)
• At least 10 years of experience in their area of specialization;
• Analytical and investigative skills;
• Ability to understand the bigger picture
• Working knowledge of data and process modelling;
• Elicitation and comprehension skills; and
• Grip over database concepts like DBMS, ETL and SQL
• The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of IT Demand cycle and be able to lead in this area.
• Must have excellent communication skills to present the IT Demand status, develop IT scope, identify the IT components required for an IT Demand and estimate their cost.
• Candidate should guide the staff to understand the IT Demand cycle and execute according the plan.
• Ensure IT Demand KPIs are met, improve business relationship by keeping business community informed and fulfilling their demand in a timely manner. Candidate will continue finding ways and means to improve the IT Demand process.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
• Good command over spoken and written communication
• Organizational and presentation skills