When you re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
• Responsible and accountable for delivering an on or over plan revenue performance within identified key accounts
• Develops and maintains a strong business relationship within key accounts. Increases business among existing selected key clients and promotes Thermo Fisher Scientific to meet strategic business objectives.
• Establishes various strategies to build a long term relationship with Key Accounts for the Middle East.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining high growth at identified Key Accounts
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Key account manager interacts with a specific list of well-established and defined accounts to improve the companies overall revenue and margin for that account whilst fostering a strong business relationship with the account by leveraging the Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition of innovation and productivity into these accounts.
• Develop strong relationships at the Key account to build a strong partnership for expanding the business opportunities across all divisions.
• Develop and implement an account plan to grow the revenues at the account significantly above market average.
• Deliver on bookings and revenues on the Annual Sales Plan in line with Sales budget defined.
• Be accountable for the commercial performance of the Focus account.
• Monitor group / division product mix performance and implement corrective measures where necessary.
• Produce monthly prospect pipeline and forecast.
• Work with the BU sales teams to manage price / performance matrix and optimize & capture price where possible.
• Collaborate with Service In charge to develop joint initiatives and provide appropriate customer care according to CAS measure.
• Works with cross divisional teams to meet the objectives and goals of the focus account program
• Builds connections with decision makers at Thermo Fisher Scientific in respective divisions.
• Provides accurate forecasts of available business opportunities for Thermo Fisher Scientific with the account.
• Organizes and executes when necessary seminars, meetings etc. with Key Decision makers of the account, along with respective divisions in the Middle East
• Follows up on actions post these meetings and enables the internal sales/operations process to deliver product or service.
• Builds strong communications with the sales, service and operation teams that support the account so as to establish high CAS scores.
• CAS score at the account handled should be at the 5 basis points above company CAS.
Planning and Forecasting:
• Delivers Annual Sales Plan in line with expectations
• Delivers an accurate monthly and 4 quarterly forecast of what can be expected from the identified Key Accounts.
• Manage price /volume matrix and optimizes to capture price and volume where possible.
• Key player in identifying all the relevant people in the decision and influencing process at the focus account. Build bridges between Thermo Fisher Scientific and the Account.
• Build strong collaborative relationship with all sales representatives and sales managers that work with in the respective account.
• Builds relationships with the functional responsible commercial managers in Thermo Fisher Scientific working and supporting the Middle East.
• Mapping of direct and indirect sales in the account
• Implements account-specific action plans.
• Makes in-depth calls on end users to achieve sales objectives.
• Serves as a consultant to the target account.
• Develops and maintains purchasing and end user relationships.
• Resolves pricing and product availability issues.
• Introduces new products and services to the account (i.e. organizes product shows).
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Development Leader.
Skills and Abilities:
• Basic business skills.
• Good command of selling skills.
• In-depth knowledge of Fisher Scientifics operations and quality process.
• In-depth product knowledge.
Mandatory Competencies Required :
• Established knowledge and work relationships at key account in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and United Arab Emirates. E.g. KAUST. Qatar Foundation, KFSH, ARAMCO, Abu Dhabi Police etc.
• Proven experience in handling major Research Institutes, Academic, Clinical, Pharmaceutical and Bio Pharmaceutical, Industrial key accounts.
• In-depth knowledge of Pharmaceutical /Bio Pharmaceutical/Clinical/Academic/Industrial markets and workflows.
• Understanding of the growth drivers in Pharmaceutical, Bio/Pharmaceutical, Clinical, Academic, and Industrial sectors.
• Ability to work with and influence stakeholders in a matrix set up.
• Experience in managing key relationships, execution of contracts in the key accounts.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Has the experience in leading teams and mentoring them.
• Is a self-starter and drives actions with passion.
• Has very strong convincing and influencing skills.
• Have strong analytical skills.
• Lived and worked in the Middle East in relevant scientific field at commercial and sales capacity for a minimum period of 5 years.
• B.Sc., Post Graduate / Graduate preferably in science with Key Account Management experience.
• MBA / Management qualification preferred.
• Experience: 7 10 years in selling in the similar industry
Preferred Education & Experience: Relevant industry-specific experience
Working Conditions : country of residence will be Dubai, however the incumbent should be open to travel as and when required.