Senior Learning And Development Specialists help plan, conduct, and administer programs that train employees and improve their skills and knowledge.
• Keep up with developments in area of expertise by reading current journals, books and magazine articles.
• Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
• Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and instructors.
• Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
• Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
• Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
• Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
• Coordinate recruitment and placement of training program participants.
• Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts.
• Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
• Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with managers, instructors or customer representatives.
• Select and assign instructors to conduct training.
• Devise programs to develop executive potential among employees in lower-level positions.
• Design, plan, organize and direct orientation and training for employees or customers of industrial or commercial establishment.
• Negotiate contracts with clients, including desired training outcomes, fees and expenses.
• Supervise instructors, evaluate instructor performance, and refer instructors to classes for skill development.
• Monitor training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded, and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
• Refer trainees to employer relations representatives, to locations offering job placement assistance, or to appropriate social services agencies if warranted.
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
HR / Human Relations / Industrial Relations
Desired Candidate Profile
Bachelor degree holder
• Strong communication and IT fluency
• Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
• In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
• The ability to handle pressure and meet deadline
• Excellent time management and organisation
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Teaching and facilitation skills.
• Ability to determine training objectives.
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology.
• Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.