This position is responsible for assisting the General Counsel in providing legal support, services and advice to Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across DWTC. The role includes representing DWTC Legal Department, wherever required in negotiations of legal terms and conditions, in dealing with external counsel, banks, Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Authority, the Dubai Land Department, the Dubai Real Estate Corporation, and other competent authorities, as appropriate. The core activities of the position involve review of contracts and other binding documentation, advice and action on contentious matters, transactional advice, preparation of contracts and templates.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
• To work closely with the General Counsel and the Senior Legal Counsel to ensure best practices in the consistent, good quality and timely delivery of legal services, support and advice to Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across DWTC.
• To provide advice on the merits of contentious matters and assist in their resolution.
• To provide advice and guidance on legal matters and issues affecting the business of DWTC or the work of any Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across DWTC.
• To review commercial contracts received from third parties
• To prepare and draft standard legal templates for repeated used by the Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across DWTC.
• To assist the General Counsel in the implementation of the Legal Department Policies and Procedures.
• To build, support and maintain effective working relationships with Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across DWTC.
• To provide guidance, development, and training to assigned staff
Candidates must demonstrate a customer centric can do attitude and be collaborative but ensure legal risk of the company is managed effectively. Bilingual translations would be an added advantage.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: housing and transportation allowance, annual flight ticket allowance, medical and dental coverage, life & accident insurance, and retail and leisure discounts and club membership privileges within DWTC. Married employees enjoy family benefits like medical insurance coverage, annual flight tickets allowance and education assistance for up to three children.
Industry Type :
Advertising / PR / Event Management
Functional Area :
Lawyers / Legal Advisors