Senior Logistics Manager 3PL e-fulfillment
Our client is a market leading 3PL to the e-commerce / e-fulfillment sector and seeks a Senior Logistics Manager with Cross Border and Last Mile experience.
The successful candidate will also possess demonstrated fleet management, route optimization, last mile and same day delivery experience.
Reporting to the MD, this role requires someone with hands on start-up experience, who is dynamic, resilient with a can-do attitude.
The role is based at the B2B and B2C facility to service the .com market and requires someone who drives outcomes and communicates well with all levels of the business internally and with B2B and B2C customers.
• Develop and executive Logistics Strategy with key stake holders
• Leadership and execution of all day-to-day logistics operational activities
• A born leader, the successful candidate will work effectively with all stakeholders, ensuring the logistics functions are productive, positive and safe operating environment for all staff
• Foster a safety culture, manage the financial budgets and drive team performance via KPIs
• Ensuring a genuine collaboration and team spirit, minimal absenteeism and an ability to negotiate positive outcomes with external parties
• The development and execution of logistics optimisation projects across the distribution and transport network with emphasis on cross border and last mile functions
• Manage multiple tasks within the broader logistics and project sphere
To succeed in this role you will be required to demonstrate:
• 10 years experience in a fast paced high volume e-com focused logistics environment
• Deep understanding of transport, route optimisation and cross border operations
• 7 years+ experience with tier 1 or 2 TMS
• Solid computer skills, Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project
• Impeccable communication skills; relationship building skills and a strong desire to build interpersonal links
• Confirmed understanding of Health and safety principles.
• Hands on approach to team management, lead by example
• High level of ethics, honesty and confidentiality
• Passion and professionalism in attitude, actions and appearance
• Ability to multi task and prioritise however ensuring care and accuracy in getting the job done right
• Initiative and ability to plan and organise yourself and the team
• Preferred - A degree in logistics or related field