About the Business
DP World is a leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain. We operate multiple yet related businesses from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of 77 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has long-lasting impact on economies and society and creates a better future for everyone.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivate long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
We make sure cargo keeps moving so people have the things they need, when they need them, helping economies grow and nations prosper. It s an important job, and one that requires smart, proud, passionate people working all across the world people who are not afraid to innovate and find new ways of driving our business forward. We foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and respect. Our global workforce is made up of 45,000 people with over 110 different nationalities who bring their experience and expertise together, allowing us to be a global leader.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovation we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
About the Role
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Vice-President Group Tax with the provision of advice, guidance and assistance to Head Office and Regional Management over a broad range of tax matters, focusing on all aspects of DP World s tax reporting processes and tax governance, and UK tax compliance review.
• Manage and oversee DP World s global tax reporting process including the bi-annual preparation of the tax schedules, review of the tax packs submitted to Group Tax (consolidated Business Units and Joint Ventures), using the OneSource Global Access tool.
• Responsible for the Group s tax consolidation and lead the preparation of the effective tax rate schedule along with the tax notes for the consolidated DP World Group Financial Statements.
• Provide technical expertise to the Group on tax accounting under IFRS and project manage the tax impact of new accounting standards as they arise.
• Manage and lead the monthly tax review as part of Group Finance s monthly reporting cycle.
• Manage and review the tax numbers in DP World s annual budget process.
• Group Tax representative for the scheduled new ERP implementation project to be rolled out across the group.
• Monitor DP World s business units outsourced tax compliance as reported via OneSource Compliance Tracker.
• Advise on tax efficient repatriation of funds to the Group s parent company in Dubai.
• Responsible for the annual review of the Group s UK s Corporation Tax returns prepared in-house.
• Supervise and monitor the Group s Tax Risk Register and ensure that Business Units actively manage risks identified.
• Update and monitor adherence to the Group Tax s Governance Policies.
• Assist in any other tax projects and perform other related duties as assigned, as and when required by the Vice-President Group Tax.
• Ensure that indirect reports are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific for their job.
• Applicable if role has direct or indirect reports - responsible for the management and leadership of an engaged team, promoting collaboration and ensuring that each is developed and evaluated against goals and objectives which are aligned, specific, measurable, attainable yet challenging, realistic and time bound.
• Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World s Founder s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
• Chartered Accountant from tax service line of a Big 4 firm, ideally CTA qualified.
• 7-10 years post qualification experience in tax reporting and advisory, with a preference for in-house experience with a global multinational.
• Experience preparing UK Corporation Tax returns and computations.
• Proven experience managing Tax reporting and consolidation (under IFRS preferably).
• Strong Excel skills and experience in retrieving data from ERP such as HFM.
• Experience working in the Middle East would be advantageous but not essential.
• Good communicator with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good commercial awareness and understanding of business needs.
• Concern for quality.
• Fluency in English.
The employment benefits package is reflective of the location for this position.