The Senior HR Manager has ultimate responsibility for all people-based activity within company from both an operational and strategic perspective. It will involve in areas such as: strategic resource planning and recruitment, training & development, compensation benefits, managing a variety of employee related issues and being the first point of contact for all employee related issues.
Provides advice and counsel to management on a range of personnel matters. Participates in Human Resources initiatives and ensures delivery of system wide services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning and Organizing:
• Develops the strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to company strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with company objectives.
• Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention etc.
• Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
• Plan, design, develop and evaluate human resource-related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals
• Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
• Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines etc.
• Annually reviews and makes recommendations to the management for improvement of the current policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Provide leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to a company s objective
• Providing professional level advice and counsel to Directors, Supervisors, faculty and administrators and Managers across entire range of employee relations and organizational matters including performance assessment and management, labor relations, corrective actions, dispute resolution, compensation and classification; recruitment and retention; and organizational structure and staffing.
• Lead the Department including Manpower Planning & Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations and HR Administration, Training and Development
• Directs and supervises the department that provides assistance in smooth running of operations.
• Lead HR meetings, HR Employee appraisals
Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Lead, Oversee and Monitor human resources operations
• Oversee, Monitor and Implement HR Operation Plan
• Oversee, Monitor and Implement HR KPIs
CIPD or MBA in HR, Business Administration or management from an accredited University.
More than 15 years experience in the related field, 6 years of which in a supervisory position.
Knowledge of Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, organization and operation
• Knowledge of Oman Labor Law related to the employment, other issues etc.
• Principles and practices of effective management, training and supervision.
• Ability to effectively plan, implement and manage assigned programs and functions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the company.
• Accurately analyze, interpret and evaluate complex administrative and technical issues and data and make appropriate recommendations for action.
• Ability to plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and fluent in English and Arabic.
• An advance level command of computer competence.