Job purpose: Implement the bank-w ide Operational Risk
Management framework to identify operational risks and ensure processes are
established and maintained to manage those risks on a bank w ide basis
Operational Risk Management:
a) Implement and facilitate operational risk framework on a
bank w ide basis, which identify and assess operational risk as well as
recommend mitigation plans to manage those risks
b) Analyze operational risk trends / risk
inter-relationships from RCSA s, Incident reports, Operational losses, KRIs
etc. and highlight key learnings and results along with recommended action
plans to senior management and risk committees.
2. Incident Reports: Record the incidents; review /analyze
the root cause and provide appropriate suggestion as remedial measure to
mitigate the identified risks.
3. Operational losses: Manage the recording of operational
losses of the bank and ensure these are addressed through reporting, effective
root cause analysis, etc. and recommend appropriate actions for operational
4. Risk identification and management on a bank wide Basis:
Embed operational risk management through implementation of RCSA and KRIs
5. New products and activities: Assess and address
operational risk in new products and activities
6. Internal Controls Governance Committee (ICGC): Support
Head of Operational Risk in creating effective presentations and highlighting
key risks to ICGC.
7. Audit reports and comments: Ensure operational risks
embedded in audit reports are addressed through process improvements etc.
8. Operational Risk Policy & Procedures: Recommend
appropriate changes / updates to the Operational Risk Management policy manual
9. Risk Disclosures and MIS : Report to internal and external
stakeholders on risk issues
10. Corporate governance on a bank w ide basis: Ensure that
corporate governance is complied with at all times on a bank w ide basis and
take necessary corrective actions in events of non-compliance
11. Reporting: Highlight Operational Risk issues, RCSA,
KRIs, Incidents, Loss event details, etc. to Risk Committees
12. Business Continuity Planning (BCP): Perform backup role
to the Bank s BCP coordinator in case of leave/absence. Support the BCP testing
and framework implementation.
Leadership & People Management:
Exhibit strong leadership
by managing performance, developing and motivating staff.
Maintain the culture of GB and promote a high performance work environment
Enhance talent retention through Implementation of key initiatives
Policies & Procedures:
Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of
Ensure compliance with all CBK, CMA, GB operational procedures, Risk and AML